NFL TTM Thread

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
patsgetgronked87
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: NFL TTM Thread

Post by patsgetgronked87 »

lmt022 wrote:So, I have a question for some of the in person veterans: How much is too much to bring for someone to sign?

I just won a Steelers mini helmet in an auction, (only paid ten bucks for it) and I have a few other things that I would like Terry Bradshaw to sign, considering I am meeting him next month, but I don't know how much is just too much... any advice?

It is very much appreciated!
I usally like to keep it to three items or under but sometimes you run into a guy that says i can only do one or others Ive noticed might be nicer and ask you if you have anything else that you want signed so it all depends on the person but i try to keep it under three usally.

What address did you use for Tedy Bruschi?
shadow316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by shadow316 »

lmt022 wrote:So, I have a question for some of the in person veterans: How much is too much to bring for someone to sign?

I just won a Steelers mini helmet in an auction, (only paid ten bucks for it) and I have a few other things that I would like Terry Bradshaw to sign, considering I am meeting him next month, but I don't know how much is just too much... any advice?

Personally I always like to stick to two items. I always feel like, any more than that, and they'll think you're a dealer which in turn makes them less likely to sign. That being said, I typically always bring someone with me, if it's a player I really want, to get a couple of extra sigs. I've seen guys bring 5+ items to a signing before, which always makes me think "that's why some of these guys don't want to sign" and figure half of them will end up on eBay.

Now if this is a paid signing, I say bring as many items as you can afford.
Some favorites from my collection, so far, are...

Favorite IP Autographs: Chris Cooley, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Faith Hill, John Riggins, Bruce Smith

Favorite TTM Autographs: Stephen Davis, Jim Lachey, Peyton Manning, Mark McGwire, Chris Samuels

Favorite Sports Teams: Washington Redskins, Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox
patsgetgronked87
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I just found a couple of home address for the list of players.

Trent Richardson
Andy Dalton
Aldon Smith
Ray Rice
Devin McCourty

I will try them first and if they work I will pm anyone who wants them. I dont want other people to try an address that might not work.
leebo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leebo »

shadow316 wrote:

Personally I always like to stick to two items. I always feel like, any more than that, and they'll think you're a dealer which in turn makes them less likely to sign. That being said, I typically always bring someone with me, if it's a player I really want, to get a couple of extra sigs. I've seen guys bring 5+ items to a signing before, which always makes me think "that's why some of these guys don't want to sign" and figure half of them will end up on eBay.

Now if this is a paid signing, I say bring as many items as you can afford.
For me it depends on the situation. I once handed Eric Metcalf 11 cards to sign because he claimed he was an excellent TTM signer, after I had told him how many times I had written him with no success. Now, it was also a situation where I sat there and shot the breeze there with him for 20 minutes because there was nobody talking to him, even though it was publicized he'd be there. It gave him time to realize that I was a die hard fan. I doubt he would have signed that many if there was a line, there was a lot of people, or I had doubles of any card I handed him.

I have used shadow's strategy of bringing an accomplice to get more, but that's because I am just an insane collector. For example if 610 Fan Fest happens in Houston this year, I have already 'informed' my fiancee that she will be helping me out, since they have a 1 per person rule and the lines generally get long. I say, pack them all in your backpack, and judging the situation, see if you can squeeze more than 1 in.

-Got former SuperBowl MVP Chuck Howley on 2 cards today, in a shade under a week.
lmt022
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by lmt022 »

patsgetgronked87 wrote: I usally like to keep it to three items or under but sometimes you run into a guy that says i can only do one or others Ive noticed might be nicer and ask you if you have anything else that you want signed so it all depends on the person but i try to keep it under three usally.

What address did you use for Tedy Bruschi?
Thanks for the advice: hopefully all this will help!

Also, I got Bruschi through the stadium, I believe.
Favorites TTM: Terry Bradshaw (card 3x) Tedy Bruschi (Card / 8x10), Mike Ditka (card), Alex Karras (SI 1970), Archie Manning (card), Matt Schaub (card)
Favorites In Person: Michael Brooks, Matt Stover, Karl Malone, Andrew McMahon (Something Corporate/Jack's Mannequin), Eve 6, Fred Dean, Ryan Moats
Currently Seeking: Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, any of the 1970s Steelers, Any players that attended Louisiana Tech University
patsgetgronked87
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Does anyone have a successful home address for Johnny Manziel Heisman Trophy winner.

I appreciate any help. Thanks
WadeMileyfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WadeMileyfan »

Does anyone know if Steven Jackson signs TTM I thought of maybe trying him through the Falcons team address since he just signed with them. Also does Alfred Morris sign TTM.

I Appreciate any help thanks.
bickel84
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by bickel84 »

WadeMileyfan wrote:Does anyone know if Steven Jackson signs TTM I thought of maybe trying him through the Falcons team address since he just signed with them. Also does Alfred Morris sign TTM.

I Appreciate any help thanks.
I sent to Steven Jackson C/O the Rams address during the middle of December and never heard back.
Da Bears!
patsgetgronked87
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

patsgetgronked87 wrote:I just found a couple of home address for the list of players.

Trent Richardson
Andy Dalton
Aldon Smith
Ray Rice
Devin McCourty

I will try them first and if they work I will pm anyone who wants them. I dont want other people to try an address that might not work.
MAN I GOT A RTS FOR ALDON SMITH.
lmt022
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by lmt022 »

patsgetgronked87 wrote:
patsgetgronked87 wrote:I just found a couple of home address for the list of players.

Trent Richardson
Andy Dalton
Aldon Smith
Ray Rice
Devin McCourty

MAN I GOT A RTS FOR ALDON SMITH.
I hate that. Did they give you a forwarding address or anything? They gave me one for Stan Humphries, from whom I received an RTS via his Natchitoches, LA address.
Favorites TTM: Terry Bradshaw (card 3x) Tedy Bruschi (Card / 8x10), Mike Ditka (card), Alex Karras (SI 1970), Archie Manning (card), Matt Schaub (card)
Favorites In Person: Michael Brooks, Matt Stover, Karl Malone, Andrew McMahon (Something Corporate/Jack's Mannequin), Eve 6, Fred Dean, Ryan Moats
Currently Seeking: Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, any of the 1970s Steelers, Any players that attended Louisiana Tech University