USPS letter size

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
pizzatus
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

USPS letter size

Post by pizzatus »

Hello Collectors. French here ! :oops:

Please excuse my english but i need your help. I'm working on my next salve of posters or pictures to send in usa.
I need to buy some stamps but i'm a little lost with USA rules. I used to send some pictures in the past but without the real amount of stamps (don't worry, i used to send TOO MUCH stamps lol).
I'm tired of celebrity joking about my big amount of stamps stick on the enveloppe :lol: .
I bought a machine to weighing the finished letter before add stamps but U.S rules are more strict than French about letter size.

So i used usps.com to get answers to my question about sizes (postcards, letter, large enveloppe....). I have troubles to convert inches to cm (even online lol). Especially with "the letter" maximum size. When the number is easy like 11" or 5", it's easy to convert but i truly dont understand this :

Maximum
Height : 6-1/8 inches
Length : 11-1/2 inches

When i try to convert those numbers in CM (centimeter), the online convertors refuse to do it.

I'm really ashamed to ask for help. The other french guys are certainly laughting behind the screen. But i need to know those maximum size to put the right amount of stamps.

Thanks you so much people. Have a good day {up}
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: USPS letter size

Post by BossC »

You can use the decimal number- 6.2 and 11.5

But pretty much if it is smaller than a 9x12 it qualifies as legal envelope size which is just 1.10 if it doesn't weigh more than an ounce.

Good luck!

BossC