fun. the band V.V Awesome Success

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
DarbyD53
$10 gift certificate winner

fun. the band V.V Awesome Success

Post by DarbyD53 »

So my daughter is the biggest fan of fun. (they sing the some "We Are Young"). I noticed they had a 3 night gig at the Wiltern Theater in LA on August 17,18 and 19th so I thought I'd take my chances. I looked up the theater on here and didn't see it on the "Do Not Pass" fan mail list so I printed out a 8x10, sent a silver sharpie, a really nice letter and a SASE. I told them how she was a huge fan, and I was trying to surprise her with an autograph to put on her wall with all her pictures of them. At the end I took a shot in the dark and mentioned how we hope to go to a concert when they come here and sit up front and hope for a guitar pick to be thrown our way.

So today on the 23rd the mailman brought in a yellow envelope. I knew this had to be from them because it's the only fanmail I've ever had addressed to my work. I wanted to get it here incase it was a failure I would just never mention it to her. So I got it and opened it and pulled out the 8x10 and it was personaziled to Crissy with a little message and all 3 members signed it. I think saw a piece of paper in there and thought it was our letter we sent but after I pulled it out I realized I think Nate the lead singer wrote "Thanks for listening" then drawed a heart and wrote fun. I was very excited about this return. I noticed there was something else in the envelope and I reached in and pulled it out and it's a used guitar pick from the band :-) I can't believe they put on in there for her. It looks used because the word fun is starting to come off and the image on the back is mostly worn off too.

It's funny this success isn't even for me and it's one of my top 3 favorite ever. Thanks to fun. She will be getting this tonight when I get home from work.

mjz0109
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: fun. the band V.V Awesome Success

Post by mjz0109 »

Amazing success!!! I sent an email to their manager and he said they get too many requests and they can't send tons of autographs. :(
accioharry
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by accioharry »

Wow! What a glorious success! :D {up}
they're amazing.
In person success: Neon Trees band members (Tyler, Chris, Branden. Didn't get Elaine!)

Letters waiting:
Christian Coulson (Young Tom Riddle), Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf!), Amber Chaney (Hunger Games)

Collection:
Daniel Radcliffe (authentic! Received it from a Woman in Black Contest! :D ) Matthew Lewis, Ryan Turner (Hugo Weasley), Imelda Staunton (Umbridge), Anthony Reynolds (Peacemaker #2 in the Hunger Games) , Mark Salling (Glee:Puck), Daniel Radcliffe (PP) Chris Colfer (PP)

Most wanted:
David Yates, J.K. Rowling, Alan Rickman, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Coldplay
DarbyD53

Post by DarbyD53 »

Thanks for your comments.
Jaankii
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaankii »

Hei (:
What's the address where you sent this letter to?
I couldn't find it. I don't know if it's because I am from Austria and we've another internet there. :shock:
Thanks.
DarbyD53

Post by DarbyD53 »

I sent it to a concert hall they were playing at in California, USA. It would do you no good now. Just take a look on their website and it shows where they are going to be playing at and try one of them coming up. I think they are doing shows in Europe right now.