What does a PSA/DNA label look like when been tampered with?

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
emailjnm
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

What does a PSA/DNA label look like when been tampered with?

Post by emailjnm »

I bought three signed photographs (Gary Oldman, Denzel Washington, and Leonardo DiCaprio) on Ebay that were certified by PSA/DNA. But when I got the pictures in person, the labels look a bit... off. Now this is the first time I've ever bought items like these before, so I don't know how to tell if a PSA/DNA label has been tampered with or not. I've Googled everywhere and I can't find a tampered-with label. Anyone care to help out? Is it possible for someone to remove their label from an authentic item and putting it on a fake? I'm REALLY hoping I didn't make a costly mistake here. Thanks!
FAVORITE IP SUCCESSES: Edward Norton, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford, Clint Eastwood, Alan Rickman, Johnny Depp, Martin Scorsese, Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Benedict Cumberbatch, Liam Neeson, Matthew McConaughey, Jake Gyllenhaal, Matt Smith, Ridley Scott, Charlize Theron, Bryan Cranston, Dustin Hoffman, Stan Lee, Jim Carrey, Harvey Keitel, Christian Bale, Will Smith, Brendan Gleeson, Woody Harrelson, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Daisy Ridley, Ryan Reynolds, Ben Affleck, Tom Cruise, Christopher Walken, Quentin Tarantino, Samuel L. Jackson, Javier Bardem, Steve Buscemi, Peter Capaldi, Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Michael Fassbender, Sebastian Stan, Tom Hardy, Jeremy Irons and Scarlett Johansson.

MOST WANTED: Natalie Portman (forever #1), Kevin Spacey, Russell Crowe, Jack Nicholson, Cillian Murphy, Paul Giamatti, Sean Connery, Robert DeNiro, Ralph Fiennes, Denzel Washington, Aaron Paul, Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman, Sean Penn and Michael Caine.
SPAAMcollectorsforum
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What does a PSA/DNA label look like when been tampered w

Post by SPAAMcollectorsforum »

Go to the PSA/DNA site and check the cert # and see if it matches with the items you bought.

Unfortunatly their stickers are NOT tamper proof. It is possible to remove them without damaging them. This scam has started to become more popular of late.

Either way... Do your research before buying anything certified by a 3rd party company like PSA. They are not experts and have passed fakes before!
woa
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by woa »

Why don't you post photos of the autographs and we can give you input. After all, the only thing that matters is if the autographs are authentic.

You might share the name of the seller you purchased them from as well. I might know them or their reputation. I have been in this business a long time and I know most of the players legit or not.

You cant rely on PSA's database 100% as they are often way behind getting the items entered. I have items I submitted to be certified months ago still waiting to be entered. No matter the number of calls I make or emails sent they still don't get it done.

PSA may make mistakes but they are the least likely to do so especially on easy names like the ones you purchased.
If you like authentic autographs you need to visit this site:

http://www.worldofautographs.com

Wondering if an autograph is authentic?

Check out our online authentication database with in-person examples here:
http://www.worldofautographs.com/list.php

(let us know if you have any requests & if we have examples we will add them)

We are Autograph Fair Trade Association (AFTAL) Approved Dealer #AD123.
Learn more here:
http://www.aftal.org.uk/

ImageImage
emailjnm
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by emailjnm »

The Ebayer is gvl2256. Here are the pics from the auctions. What I'm worried about is the last two - you can't see much from these pics, but the labels looks a bit scuffed on the right sides (kinda like a sticker when you remove it and put it on something else). I checked the numbers and they DO show up on psa, but no additional info. I'll have a working printer/scanner in a few days if you need better scans.

FAVORITE IP SUCCESSES: Edward Norton, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford, Clint Eastwood, Alan Rickman, Johnny Depp, Martin Scorsese, Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Benedict Cumberbatch, Liam Neeson, Matthew McConaughey, Jake Gyllenhaal, Matt Smith, Ridley Scott, Charlize Theron, Bryan Cranston, Dustin Hoffman, Stan Lee, Jim Carrey, Harvey Keitel, Christian Bale, Will Smith, Brendan Gleeson, Woody Harrelson, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Daisy Ridley, Ryan Reynolds, Ben Affleck, Tom Cruise, Christopher Walken, Quentin Tarantino, Samuel L. Jackson, Javier Bardem, Steve Buscemi, Peter Capaldi, Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Michael Fassbender, Sebastian Stan, Tom Hardy, Jeremy Irons and Scarlett Johansson.

MOST WANTED: Natalie Portman (forever #1), Kevin Spacey, Russell Crowe, Jack Nicholson, Cillian Murphy, Paul Giamatti, Sean Connery, Robert DeNiro, Ralph Fiennes, Denzel Washington, Aaron Paul, Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman, Sean Penn and Michael Caine.
woa
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by woa »

Its hard to tell but the PSA stickers look fine to me. Maybe a clearer up close scan will help.

I just took a quick look but the denzel and leo look good.
If you like authentic autographs you need to visit this site:

http://www.worldofautographs.com

Wondering if an autograph is authentic?

Check out our online authentication database with in-person examples here:
http://www.worldofautographs.com/list.php

(let us know if you have any requests & if we have examples we will add them)

We are Autograph Fair Trade Association (AFTAL) Approved Dealer #AD123.
Learn more here:
http://www.aftal.org.uk/

ImageImage