Playbill question. Please help!

Post any information on upcoming venues or movie sets. Request movie set addresses here. 1 address request per person per day.
caroline123456789
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Playbill question. Please help!

Post by caroline123456789 »

To those of you who collect playbills, I was wondering
1) How you find which plays are happening when
2)What address they are.
3) How long it lasts

Thanks! Please reply!
bklynBridge95
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Playbill question. Please help!

Post by bklynBridge95 »

Tell me what play or who your trying to write to write to and I can help you out. Massive Broadway geek here so if you tell me what show your looking for I can answer all your questions. =)
Looking to trade US stamps for UK stamps. PM me with offers.
caroline123456789
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

bklynBridge95 wrote:Tell me what play or who your trying to write to write to and I can help you out. Massive Broadway geek here so if you tell me what show your looking for I can answer all your questions. =)
Well I'm going to write to "if it's there I haven't found it" for Jake Gyllenhall. When I write to the stage manager for a signed playbill how lOng should the letter be? Should it be more of a note?
bklynBridge95
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bklynBridge95 »

Oh ok well this is the address:
The Laura Pels Theatre, 111 West 46th Street, New York, NY, 10036
and the play runs until November 25th.

It should just be a normal letter complimenting the show and those involved don't write a novel but just enough to let them know you care and your not going to turn around and sell the playbill on ebay. Whenever I write my letters for Broadway shows for example Newsies I address it to the cast of Newsies just because a lot of stage managers are a royal pain in the rear, and in the letter I say stuff like "I loved the song _" or "I enjoyed watching the scene between Katherine and Jack." Little things like that. If I haven't seen a show I say that I like the things I've seen on the internet etc. When asking for the playbill though I always say stuff like "I don't think I'll get to see the show before it closes (with OBC)" or "Because I live so far way could you please send me a signed playbill?" etc.

I hoped this helped if you need anything else with Broadway related things I'm happy to help. Just a warning before you send off this is a Roundabout Theatre Company production and they are notorious for not responding. Very few people get responses especially since they enjoy employing big name people so just be aware of that. Good Luck!
Looking to trade US stamps for UK stamps. PM me with offers.
stumper93
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stumper93 »

http://www.broadway.com will be your friend
http://johnsautographs.weebly.com/index.html

My autograph site. Check it out!
Scottie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Scottie »

I use the website www.ibdb.com

this has all of the information, opening date, preview dates, addresses and usally the name of the stage manager.

Unless I am sending a playbill request directly to someone performing, I always send it to the attention of the stage manager. I ALWAYS get a response when I send it to the stage manager, using their name. If their name isn't listed, I just put "Stage Manager".
caroline123456789
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Thanks guys!
FilmFan32
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FilmFan32 »

I just wanted to say thank you for all of the information on how to write for signed playbills. I actually sent out a couple of requests so, we'll see what happens. Thanks again!
Nanci
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nanci »

I hope the OTP doesn't mind if I briefly add an related question of my own?
When sending out an individual request to an actor doing a play, is it consider okay to also send out an seperate playbill request to stagemanager? I also like some of the other actors and would love a playbill? Or does this decrease your succes option?

Thanks!
Collecting my most wanted
emailjnm
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by emailjnm »

I have a question - but it's not about how to get playbills as much as how to protect them. I have two playbills right now (and I'm planning on getting more), but I have NO idea how to protect them! I've noticed some auctions on Ebay have them in 6x9 protective sleeves, but I can't seem to find them anywhere (Wal-Mart, Pat Catan's, etc.). Any ideas?? I don't want to buy a binder just yet - I just want some protective sleeves that close up.
FAVORITE IP SUCCESSES: Edward Norton, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford, Clint Eastwood, Alan Rickman, Johnny Depp, Martin Scorsese, Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Benedict Cumberbatch, Liam Neeson, Matthew McConaughey, Jake Gyllenhaal, Matt Smith, Ridley Scott, Charlize Theron, Bryan Cranston, Dustin Hoffman, Stan Lee, Jim Carrey, Harvey Keitel, Christian Bale, Will Smith, Brendan Gleeson, Woody Harrelson, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Daisy Ridley, Ryan Reynolds, Ben Affleck, Tom Cruise, Christopher Walken, Quentin Tarantino, Samuel L. Jackson, Javier Bardem, Steve Buscemi, Peter Capaldi, Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Michael Fassbender, Sebastian Stan, Tom Hardy, Jeremy Irons and Scarlett Johansson.

MOST WANTED: Natalie Portman (forever #1), Kevin Spacey, Russell Crowe, Jack Nicholson, Cillian Murphy, Paul Giamatti, Sean Connery, Robert DeNiro, Ralph Fiennes, Denzel Washington, Aaron Paul, Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman, Sean Penn and Michael Caine.