No house number, but everything else. Will it get there?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
NinersFan11
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

No house number, but everything else. Will it get there?

Post by NinersFan11 »

There is someone I want to write to, but I don't have their house number. If I address it like this:

Derek Jeter
Hudson Drive
Augusta, GA 30901

Would it get there? Derek Jeter isn't who I'm writing to and I know he doesn't live in Georgia, it was just the first thing I thought of.

Has anyone ever tried this? What were your results or do you think it would work? The person I want to write to is not a really well known player and lives in a very small town during the offseason. I'm open to suggestions! Thanks!

P.S. The address is not in the database. I got it from a friend but they only had the street address and hadn't tried writing to him yet. Please help me!
Last 10 TTM Successes: Jason Heyward, Lyle Overbay, Steve Decker, Joey Votto, Eric Fryer, Eli Whiteside, Armando Galarraga, Brent Morel, Gio Gonzalez, Judge Judy, Dan Boyle, Steve Kerr,
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: No house number, but everything else. Will it get there?

Post by dfreely »

Well, no. There's a reason we have house numbers in the first place. A single street could potentially have hundreds, thousands of houses - without the house number, who's to know which house it's supposed to be delivered to?
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

dfreely wrote:Well, no. There's a reason we have house numbers in the first place. A single street could potentially have hundreds, thousands of houses - without the house number, who's to know which house it's supposed to be delivered to?
LOL.
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

I don't think it's right to mail a letter to an actor's house, it kind of crosses a line. Maybe you should try and find a more neutral address like a fanmail or sports team address.
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

dgangel wrote:I don't think it's right to mail a letter to an actor's house, it kind of crosses a line.
That's your opinion...! And a lot of people don't agree with it..Just because you feel that way, doesn't mean that they have to listen to you. I don't agree with you either. I mean I got one of the hardest people to get: HILARY DUFF and she replied back to me... :lol: So to the original poster: NO. If you find the number to the address, send away. {up}
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

It really is just a matter of the morals one has with their collecting style. Personally, I think it is a little bit rude to mail a celeb at their home address without their permission.
gordon fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gordon fan »

Dangel, thats a bunch of b.s. Not moral ? your nuts
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

Yes, as in whether the collector personally thinks that it is right or wrong to do certain things or cross lines in order to obtain an autograph. I have been collecting for awhile and have never needed to use a personal address to get an autograph.
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

dgangel wrote:It really is just a matter of the morals one has with their collecting style. Personally, I think it is a little bit rude to mail a celeb at their home address without their permission.
But the WHOLE WORLD has the right to mail things to ANYONE'S house...but they have the right NOT to reply to it.. But we don't NEED a right to mail to celeb's houses. MAIL is a PUBLIC system...lol..so you re trying to be "moral" for no reason. ANYONE can mail to ANYONE as long as it's not a death threat or hurting them. :mrgreen:

It doesn't make them better than us just because they are famous...

MAIL IS MAIL. End of story. {up}
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

I'm not saying that it makes them better than us, but it is an invasion of privacy, and some actors may not appreciate it.