NFL TTM Thread

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
lmt022
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: NFL TTM Thread

Post by lmt022 »

Nato64 wrote:I also have a question about authenticity. I, like alot, received Terry Bradshaws autograph earlier in the year. Has anyone had one authenticated from the Burgundy Oaks address? Does everyone feel it is real?
I compared the signatures I got (three different cards, and a magazine, i.e. four different sigs, three different colors) to a friend of mine (works for Tech, has met him several times), and they all matched.

I'd they're legit.

Not to mention, the ones that I got, were all signed in different styles (two on the left side of the card, one on the right, the right side signature going up, one of the left sides going down, and the magazine across the middle with the added "#12").
Favorites TTM: Terry Bradshaw (card 3x) Tedy Bruschi (Card / 8x10), Mike Ditka (card), Alex Karras (SI 1970), Archie Manning (card), Matt Schaub (card)
Favorites In Person: Michael Brooks, Matt Stover, Karl Malone, Andrew McMahon (Something Corporate/Jack's Mannequin), Eve 6, Fred Dean, Ryan Moats
Currently Seeking: Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, any of the 1970s Steelers, Any players that attended Louisiana Tech University
True_MaiizeNBlue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by True_MaiizeNBlue »

lmt022 wrote:
Nato64 wrote:I also have a question about authenticity. I, like alot, received Terry Bradshaws autograph earlier in the year. Has anyone had one authenticated from the Burgundy Oaks address? Does everyone feel it is real?
I compared the signatures I got (three different cards, and a magazine, i.e. four different sigs, three different colors) to a friend of mine (works for Tech, has met him several times), and they all matched.

I'd they're legit.

Not to mention, the ones that I got, were all signed in different styles (two on the left side of the card, one on the right, the right side signature going up, one of the left sides going down, and the magazine across the middle with the added "#12").
I'm not 100% sure but I swear I read somewhere that his brother ghost signs for me.

I'm ordering a 2012 Leaf Autographed Mini Helmet this week I think. It's $76 and you get a random mini helmet signed by a player or coach from a select list of names. I'll let you guys know what I come out with!
jrodriguez8600
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jrodriguez8600 »

I was wondering if A TED WILLIAMS autograph is hard to get? Also is a Dan Pastorini a hard to get also? i ask because there is a comic exhibition in my city and they will be there, i want to ask them to sign a football and/or a picture...i would appreciate it...Thanx
GRilla114
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by GRilla114 »

Sending out to:

OJ Simpson
Herschel Walker
leebo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leebo »

I've tried Dan a few times before getting him at Fan Fest in Houston this year. I had an extremely hard time finding a working address for him, and he never responded to my attempts. I'd advise you save the postage and get his in person if it is cheap or free.

Speaking of Pastorini, I got Carl Mauck's autograph on two cards in 6 days recently. The former C and coach blocked for Pastorini during the heyday of Luv' Ya Blu.

Oh yeah just a tip, if you buy card sets every year and look for something spectacular to collect. Donruss Rookies and Stars 2012 really sucks- No it really sucks. The quality has horribly dropped off the deep end and the design just isn't there from 09-11. Looks very cheap.
coxnick93
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by coxnick93 »

I have tried OJ Simpson nothing ever came out of it and I got 3 cards signed by Herschel Walker In about 2 1/2 months.
True_MaiizeNBlue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by True_MaiizeNBlue »

leebo wrote:I've tried Dan a few times before getting him at Fan Fest in Houston this year. I had an extremely hard time finding a working address for him, and he never responded to my attempts. I'd advise you save the postage and get his in person if it is cheap or free.

Speaking of Pastorini, I got Carl Mauck's autograph on two cards in 6 days recently. The former C and coach blocked for Pastorini during the heyday of Luv' Ya Blu.

Oh yeah just a tip, if you buy card sets every year and look for something spectacular to collect. Donruss Rookies and Stars 2012 really ****- No it really ****. The quality has horribly dropped off the deep end and the design just isn't there from 09-11. Looks very cheap.
Yea I'm personally not a fan of any of the current sets out right now... Prestige is ehh, Elite is too plain and Rookies and Stars look bad. I haven't bought any platinum yet but they don't look that great either.

Sending to Greg Jennings, Ray Rice, Demarcus Ware, Miles Austin and Armanti Edwards sometime this week. I'm still pending quite a bit from training camp so we will see.
knicksfannumba1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by knicksfannumba1 »

Tomorrow I'm sending to:

Mike Munchak c/o Titans
Austin Collie c/o Colts
Janoris Jenkins c/o Rams
Benjarvus Green-Ellis c/o Bengals
Danny Woodhead c/o Pats
Golden Tate c/o Seahawks
Jason Babin c/o Eagles
Randall Cobb c/o Packers
TY Hilton c/o Colts
Frank Gore c/o 49ers
Rex Ryan (with photo already signed by Buddy)
Dick Butkus (with $3)

Last week I sent to:

Ahmad Bradshaw c/o Giants
Jason Pierre-Paul c/o Giants
Heath Miller c/o Steelers
Brett Kiesel c/o Steelers
Ndamukong Suh c/o Lions
DeMarcus Ware c/o Cowboys
Gary Kubiak c/o Texans
Leslie Frazier c/o Vikings
Sebastian Janikowski c/o Raiders
Robert Mathis c/o Colts
Like Football, or Basketball? Join the facebook autograph collector groups.

Basketball: http://m.facebook.com/groups/1585756309 ... 1852523050

Football: http://m.facebook.com/groups/5480721252 ... 1852523050
leebo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leebo »

Oh yeah dead on man. Most of the 2012 sets stink. The new Rookies and Stars almost made me cry- they were so freaking bad. I loved their 2009-2011 offering. Same goes for Score. Just spot on and then to the crapper. This could be a down year for the industry. Just haven't been impressed by any of them really- although I did like the Leaf Draft 2012 cards. They weren't bad at all and would look great with autographs.
In fact if you are lucky and you hit up your local Walmart or Target, they are liquidating the small Leaf Draft 2012 boxes for 11 bucks. The Green boxes come with 2 autographs and the yellow ones come with one. Sure you are going to get your free agents, but I've been also lucky enough to get Brian Quick, David Decastro, and Devon Wylie out of them, so it's worth a shot. You can almost complete a basic set with 2 boxes, since it is only 50 cards. It does include all the hot name rookies.

Yeah don't bother with OJ. I hear even if you pay him he has a ghost signer working with him. Herschel is a good guy and a wonderful signer, but I don't know how long that gravy train will last. He gets a lot of traffic from MMA fans now too. I'll be surprised if you get something out of Butkis. I've heard of people putting in a check for 20 and getting nothing out of him except an RTS, but I've got my fingers crossed for you. I almost wrote him last month- then read up on his signing habits and backed off. I'll substitute Alex Karras in for Butkis instead.
knicksfannumba1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by knicksfannumba1 »

From what I've seen, you have to write "Donation Enclosed" on the outside envelope for Butkus or else he would cross it out and get RTS'd. Has that gone away to? I did write donation enclosed on the envelope, I'm just wondering if I should have hope, at least if he RTS, I will get my money back!
Like Football, or Basketball? Join the facebook autograph collector groups.

Basketball: http://m.facebook.com/groups/1585756309 ... 1852523050

Football: http://m.facebook.com/groups/5480721252 ... 1852523050