David Tennant (Doctor Who, Harry Potter) Success!!!!!!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
anglophile
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

David Tennant (Doctor Who, Harry Potter) Success!!!!!!

Post by anglophile »

Yes, basically I cried when this came in the mail today because I'm a huge Doctor Who fan and thought that I'd never get it back....or if I did it would take years. It's always a good day when you get an autograph from your favorite celebrity!

Sent: June 29th 2012
Received September 6 2012
(about 2 months)

I sent to two different addresses and unfortunately do not know which one I got the response from:
I sent to the address in the database and also this address
David Tennant
CM
4-6 Soho Square
London W1D 3PZ
United Kingdom

Picture and Envelope:

Close Up on the Picture:

In Person:Ed Sheeran, Jonas Brothers, Peter Laviolette, Max Talbot, Robert Sean Leonard, Buddy Valastro, David Henry, Jerry Springer, Jim Belushi, Kobe Bryant
Paid: Anderson Cooper (x2), Michael Owen, Colin Firth, David Tennant, Paula Abdul, David Archuleta
TTM: Robbie Keane, Norman Buckley, Ethan Jaimeson (district 4), ANDERSON COOPER, Una Stubbs, Colin Firth, BILLIE PIPER!!, DAVID TENNANT!!!, Rupert Graves, Freema Agyeman, Brayden Schenn

Most Wanted: David Tennant (received 9/6/12!), Christopher Eccleston, Billie Piper (received 7/30/12!!), Martin Freeman, Benedict Cumberbatch

Anglophile: person who is fond of English culture or, more broadly, British culture
r2zlost
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: David Tennant (Doctor Who, Harry Potter) Success!!!!!!

Post by r2zlost »

Did you send IRC or cash for return? Congrats by the way! {up}
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi anglophile :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} David Tennant on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
anglophile
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by anglophile »

r2zlost wrote:Did you send IRC or cash for return? Congrats by the way! {up}
Neither. I traded and purchased stamps from people on this website.
In Person:Ed Sheeran, Jonas Brothers, Peter Laviolette, Max Talbot, Robert Sean Leonard, Buddy Valastro, David Henry, Jerry Springer, Jim Belushi, Kobe Bryant
Paid: Anderson Cooper (x2), Michael Owen, Colin Firth, David Tennant, Paula Abdul, David Archuleta
TTM: Robbie Keane, Norman Buckley, Ethan Jaimeson (district 4), ANDERSON COOPER, Una Stubbs, Colin Firth, BILLIE PIPER!!, DAVID TENNANT!!!, Rupert Graves, Freema Agyeman, Brayden Schenn

Most Wanted: David Tennant (received 9/6/12!), Christopher Eccleston, Billie Piper (received 7/30/12!!), Martin Freeman, Benedict Cumberbatch

Anglophile: person who is fond of English culture or, more broadly, British culture
AuroraLuna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AuroraLuna »

Congrats!! Enjoy this wonderful success! :D
Need to send to him. I loved him in HP!
Received: Imelda Staunton (VV), Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Daniel Radcliffe (PP x2), Alan Rickman (VV), Natalia Tena, Ian McKellen, Emma Thompson, Julie Walters and James & Oliver Phelps!
[b]IP successes: Helen McCrory!
Autos on Marauder's Map: Matthew Lewis, James and Oliver Phelps!
Requests out now:Helen McCrory (VV "The Last of the Haussmans"), Helena Bonham Carter (VV "The Young and Prodigious Spivet"), Emma Watson (VV Noah), Evanna Lynch (LA address) and Nick Moran!
Most wanted: J.K.Rowling, The Golden HP Trio, Rest of Full HP Cast (especially Tom Felton, Evanna Lynch and Helena Bonham Carter!), Johnny Depp and Robert Downey Jr.

Sorry, but I'm not giving out Emma's VV address. Please don't ask.
jameslister09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jameslister09 »

great success !!!!
sent to him a couple of weeks ago, very excited!!! {up} {up} {up}
LunaMellark
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by LunaMellark »

I think I sent my request a month or so ago, I can't remember!
Congrats, he's amazing! :D

Favourite Successes: Derek Thompson, David Ames, Daniel Radcliffe (IP/VV), Evanna Lynch (IP), Colin Morgan, Amber Riley, Naya Rivera, Sarah Close, Ellie Goulding and John Boyega (VV).

Most Wanted: Tom Odell, Casualty Cast, Holby City Cast, Skins Cast, Harry Potter Cast (Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright) Eastenders Cast, Coronation Street Cast, Hollyoaks Cast, Glee Cast and Sherlock Cast.
anglophile
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by anglophile »

Thanks for all the congrats everyone. I just wanted to point out that I think David again personalizes his own photos. I heard rumors that we thought his secretary personalized them.

This was taken from a convention he signed in person at yesterday and the T and the A are almost identical to mine.

http://twitpic.com/at9hrg

Lauren81492
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lauren81492 »

anglophile wrote:Thanks for all the congrats everyone. I just wanted to point out that I think David again personalizes his own photos. I heard rumors that we thought his secretary personalized them.

This was taken from a convention he signed in person at yesterday and the T and the A are almost identical to mine.

http://twitpic.com/at9hrg
I agree--I'm fairly certain he personalizes the photos that are sent in, but if you just request an autographed photo, his secretary dedicates a pre-signed postcard. Which is why it takes longer if you send in a photo.
Snookie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Snookie »

RE the point about whether David writes the dedication personally. When I told an online friend that I had received a dedicated Doctor Who postcard, a couple of years ago, she said the usual thing about him not doing the dedication, it was probably a secretary. Whilst it took the edge off my excitement, I wasn't entirely convinced and after all she hadn't seen it, so how could she possibly know. My proof came a bit later, when I was watching a youtube video of David taking part in a game show which involved writing on cards. I zoomed in on a bit where he had written sonic screwdriver and the S was identical to the S on my postcard. Later I wrote asking him to sign a photo for me, which he kindly did. Again when watching something where he was writing, I zoomed in and saw that the E was identical to that on my photo. He has a very distinctive way of writing capital E's. So I am convinced that if anything is dedicated then he wrote that aswell. That would account for the different lengths of time taken to get a reply. My first card came back in 2 weeks, my photo took over two months - but he was doing Much Ado at the time. Also there are many Doctor Who postcards on ebay which are not dedicated, so I reckon those were sent out when he was very busy filming Doctor Who and so had signed a batch of them for sending out to fans.

Well done for getting your photo signed by the way. :)