Dan Aykroyd (Ghostbusters) TTM Success!!!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
coachk28
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Dan Aykroyd (Ghostbusters) TTM Success!!!

Post by coachk28 »

stumper93 wrote:^^^^^^

I have that same photo with a secretarial personalization on it. Autograph could be legit, could be secretarial. I'm not going to be the one to judge.

Like this one....

http://www.startiger.com/myStars/l.php?i=659456&u=15240

Obviously a PRE PRINT!!!!
J-Wonder4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by J-Wonder4 »

coachk28 wrote:

I have that same photo with a secretarial personalization on it. Autograph could be legit, could be secretarial. I'm not going to be the one to judge.

Like this one....

http://www.google.com/myStars/l.php?i=659456&u=15240

I can't open that link for some reason.
TTM Successes:

Music:
Sting (The Police), Barry Gibb (Bee Gees), Dave Grohl (Nirvana and Foo Fighters), Dan Aykroyd (Blues Brothers), Krist Novoselic (Nirvana), Tommy Ramone (Ramones), Ray Manzarek (The Doors), Bon Jovi

Actors:
Dan Aykroyd (Ghostbusters), Adam West (Batman), Yvonne Craig (Batman), Ben Kingsley (Schindler's List / Gandhi)
coachk28
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by coachk28 »

J-Wonder4 wrote:
coachk28 wrote:

Like this one....

http://www.google.com/myStars/l.php?i=659456&u=15240

I can't open that link for some reason.

I think fanmail blocks the link bc it is from s t a r t I g e r.

Basically its the same preprint photo I posted before but with a hand written lersonalization.
skaboss241
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by skaboss241 »

Sweet he's the best
Most Wanted: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Harrison Ford
Favorite Successes: Carrie Fisher, Chris Wahl, Katy Perry and pretty much anything Star Wars.

Image Image
ShiftyHenry
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ShiftyHenry »

I don't want to give the impression that I'm an expert or anything, but Ghostbusters is a big focus in my autograph collecting...that said, I've gotten Dan IP and TTM on several different items and occasions, based on the picture you provided, it doesn't look authentic to me. Too many things just look off. Just my opinion.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

Check out my collection at:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1118181573 ... udux_uzvXw
J-Wonder4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by J-Wonder4 »

ShiftyHenry wrote:I don't want to give the impression that I'm an expert or anything, but Ghostbusters is a big focus in my autograph collecting...that said, I've gotten Dan IP and TTM on several different items and occasions, based on the picture you provided, it doesn't look authentic to me. Too many things just look off. Just my opinion.
Really? That's kind of a surprise to me. What looks off in your opinion?
TTM Successes:

Music:
Sting (The Police), Barry Gibb (Bee Gees), Dave Grohl (Nirvana and Foo Fighters), Dan Aykroyd (Blues Brothers), Krist Novoselic (Nirvana), Tommy Ramone (Ramones), Ray Manzarek (The Doors), Bon Jovi

Actors:
Dan Aykroyd (Ghostbusters), Adam West (Batman), Yvonne Craig (Batman), Ben Kingsley (Schindler's List / Gandhi)
ShiftyHenry
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ShiftyHenry »

J-Wonder4 wrote:
ShiftyHenry wrote:I don't want to give the impression that I'm an expert or anything, but Ghostbusters is a big focus in my autograph collecting...that said, I've gotten Dan IP and TTM on several different items and occasions, based on the picture you provided, it doesn't look authentic to me. Too many things just look off. Just my opinion.
I'd need to see a better picture to be totally sure, but the A and Y in Aykroyd....the general spacing of the graph and the "Ray" at the bottom. I very well could be wrong. I certainly hope it's real, he hasn't signed TTM for a couple years, it'd be nice to know he's back at it.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

Check out my collection at:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1118181573 ... udux_uzvXw
J-Wonder4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by J-Wonder4 »

ShiftyHenry wrote:
J-Wonder4 wrote:
I'd need to see a better picture to be totally sure, but the A and Y in Aykroyd....the general spacing of the graph and the "Ray" at the bottom. I very well could be wrong. I certainly hope it's real, he hasn't signed TTM for a couple years, it'd be nice to know he's back at it.
I just added a better picture of the signature to the link (btw, I sent away for this in about mid-2010 and received it in about mid-2011):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nkgvx0umfstuqbb/0TWbeS1zxg

I shone a flashlight on it so that the signature would be more visible. I am very new to the hobby, and I have gotten most of my autographs IP, so authenticity has not been a problem before. However, I am fairly certain that I can deduce this:

1). It is not a PP because (as I mentioned earlier), the pen falters slightly in the "D" in Dan and in the big loop at the end of the signature.)

2). It is not an auto-pen. An auto-pen (from what I've heard) is generally most recognizable if the pressure of the pen is the same all the way through. Because there are some darker dots in this signature, I think I can safely say that this is not an auto-pen.

So that leaves two realistic possibilities:

1). It is signed by Dan Aykroyd (I really hope it is!).

2). It is a secretarial signature.

So with the better picture to look at, what do you think about all of that? If it is authentic, it will be one of the best in my short, but growing collection.
TTM Successes:

Music:

Actors:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi J-Wonder4 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

{star} Dan Aykroyd on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
joe316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joe316 »

This looks nothing like his IP success. Definitely got to be fake and the pre-print from the same company isn't even a print of his real autograph.