Via Venue question! Everyone please comment!! Thank you!

Post any information on upcoming venues or movie sets. Request movie set addresses here. 1 address request per person per day.
mjz0109
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Via Venue question! Everyone please comment!! Thank you!

Post by mjz0109 »

When an artist has a concert at a venue and you mail a picture, letter, and SASE does the venue really pass along the envelope (containing picture, letter, and SASE) to the artist if it's addressed to them?

Thanks to anyone to comments!
knicksfannumba1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Via Venue question! Everyone please comment!! Thank you!

Post by knicksfannumba1 »

Via venue is kinda tough for music. Usually they are at the venue for only a couple days and they won't get the mail in time. There are sometimes when they will forward it along, but not usually. It's safer to send through a broadway or play or movie set, because generally speaking they are at the venue for at least a month or so.
Like Football, or Basketball? Join the facebook autograph collector groups.

Basketball: http://m.facebook.com/groups/1585756309 ... 1852523050

Football: http://m.facebook.com/groups/5480721252 ... 1852523050
il0veseamushp
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by il0veseamushp »

you could always call the location and ask if they forward mail
Check out my interview with Alexander Ludwig aka Cato from The Hunger Games

Click here to GO TO MY AUTOGRAPH INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT!

FOLLOW MY AUTOGRAPH TUMBLR

Click the Picture to go to my Autograph Page on Facebook

MOST WANTED --> Harry Potter - Hunger Games - Glee - Disney - Twilight Saga - Divergent - a few select TV shows!

Harry Potter: 79 autographs from 40 cast members
Hunger Games: 84 autographs from 49 cast members
Glee: 20 autographs from 16 cast Members
Twilight Saga: 10 autograph from 8 cast member
Disney: 19 autographs from 16 people
Other: 274 autographs from 182 people
Total: 486 autographs from 311 people
jessemcluv
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jessemcluv »

knicksfannumba1 wrote:Via venue is kinda tough for music. Usually they are at the venue for only a couple days and they won't get the mail in time. There are sometimes when they will forward it along, but not usually. It's safer to send through a broadway or play or movie set, because generally speaking they are at the venue for at least a month or so.
^It's only tough depending on how the artists signs. I've never gotten anything where it be concert, broadway, or movie set, so no. That's just YOUR luck.

You have to make sure the venue passes mail. Simple as that. Email them, and usually someone will promise to pass along. I've had to address it to a manager at the place so it would be given directly to a celeb. {up} {up}
^Thanks to -Lil1- for the signature!!!!
Most Wanted: Samuel Jackson, Elizabeth Gillies, John Goodman, John Lasseter, Tsubasa English Dub Cast, Tom Hanks
Favorites: Big Time Rush {IP}, Jason Aldean, Demi Lovato, Danielle Campbell, Munro Chambers, Devon Bostick, Billy Crystal

Current Collections: Toy Story, Disney Princess, Pixar Animators, Tsubasa (English Dub) Cast

Recent Received: N/A
Recent Sent: Nancy Cartwright, 7.12.14
Check my website!!! jmlxautographs.webs.com <- UNDER CONSTRUCTION!! (Will be updated with new autographs soon!)
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

I LOVE DOING VV requests! Because it gives us a chance to get more rare autographs. I am sooo good @ doing VV requests. I got about 94% of my requests for VV back...My most recent is MINDLESS BEHAVIOR from Philly. {up} And there is a technique about it.

--Only send within 10 days of the show date.
--ALWAYS send a photo with your letter.
--Address it to the artist.
--Provide postage for both envelopes.
--Make sure the arena passes mail.

If you follow these pointers above, you will get your photo back signed. {up}
PROOF THAT VV REQUESTS WORK: http://fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=259993

:mrgreen:
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
cineramax
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cineramax »

I do what dancingirl1 says and i've had quite a few successes via venue too. Of course there are some artists who just won't reply no matter what, so you can never be certain of getting a reply.

I tend to keep a list of upcoming gigs i want to write to so i'm prepared to do it in advance.

And this list on fanmail can be helpful as well to tell you which venues do usually pass on mail from people's previous experiences.

viewtopic.php?f=125&t=24711
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

Dancing girl's advice is very good. I would add one thing- if the artist is selling "meet and greets" for that particular concert, there is a strong chance they will not reply. It seems management will not pass it on. I can understand the logic, but if the meet and greet is sold out, it does seem churlish on their part.
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
mjz0109
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mjz0109 »

Thank you so much everyone!!!!!!!!! :D :) {up} {??}
LSkellington
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LSkellington »

I've had some great success via venue! A couple that haven't been returned but, as with any TTM, it's a gamble. I always send a minimum of 2 weeks in advance of the show and try to e-mail or contact the venue to make sure they forward. Can't hurt to try, good luck!
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

Jaffer wrote:Dancing girl's advice is very good. I would add one thing- if the artist is selling "meet and greets" for that particular concert, there is a strong chance they will not reply. It seems management will not pass it on. I can understand the logic, but if the meet and greet is sold out, it does seem churlish on their part.
Thanks Jaffer 8) YES! I think this why RIHANNA, LADY GAGA, KESHA, and BRITNEY (for her 2011 Tour) don't ever do fan mail...Because they had M&G. This is very true! {up} to Jaffer! Good advice!
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters