Herman Van Rompuy EU president success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
johnbpilot
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Herman Van Rompuy EU president success

Post by johnbpilot »

On 4/25/12 sent a request via the internet for a signed foto of Herman Van Rompuy, the president of the European Union. Recieved a reply email on 4/26/12 stating they'll send me a preprint.

Received signed preprint photo in the mail on 5/29/12, which also included a postcard with a signature not matching the preprint. I don't know if it was a SEC or if it is a real signature on the postcard. I have nothing to compare except for the photo. It was an unusual thing to send, but hey, I'll take it.

Web address used:
EU Contact Web Form

reply email the next day
:
Dear Mr Burger,
We thank you for your e-mail of 25.04.2012 requesting an autograph of Mr. Herman Van Rompuy, President of the European Council.
We regret to inform you that the ever increasing demands on the President's time are making it impossible for him to individually sign each photograph. While we realise this will be disappointing for you, this rule is applied to all requests for autographs, without exception.
We send out a photograph which bears a reproduction of Mr. Van Rompuy's signature by post today. While this may not be exactly what you requested, we hope you will nevertheless be able to add it to your collection.
Yours faithfully,
DG F - Public Information service
General Secretariat of the Council of the European Union

What I got (with envelope):

the front of the postcard:

The photo is obviously a no brainer PP, but what do you guys think of the attached postcard?
I miss the days when saying "poo poo" was considered a fun pastime, and when the world was filled with magical wonder.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Herman Van Rompuy EU president success

Post by admin »

Hi johnbpilot :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

Fanmail 8)
dansautos

Post by dansautos »

It's a compliments slip, often sent by European/Aus/NZ offices. It's signed by his assistant or whoever handled your request.
Matthias24
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Matthias24 »

I get today a preprinted autograph of Herman van Rompuy.
marcopolo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by marcopolo »

Today I have reaced the pictures back that I have send 4 months ago and signed !!!!