Wrestling Collectors?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
HorrorWWEMBXZillaGuy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Wrestling Collectors?

Post by HorrorWWEMBXZillaGuy »

sent back in October, finally got back Mike Rotundo today on 2 pics and index card.
my good trades on here from: morgasm123, nicole175, gentlevader, chestly32.
jdawg619
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jdawg619 »

Haase112983 wrote:Cubs, Josh. Good Hauls! Sad to hear that The Great Khali uses a walker to get around. Not a fan of the guy but very sad a young guy has so many problems.

Just curious is anyone heading to Wrestlemania? Not asking for anything, I know a few posters like to hit Mania every year.
Yep i Am heading to Wrestlemania i am excited as heck. i really do not need any graphs but what i get is just icing on the cake. I just want to see Cena vs Rock and Triple H vs Undertaker. i am sitting front row and i can not wait
davidn2161
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by davidn2161 »

Has anyone had any recent successes with Bruno Sammartino? I got my pictures back unsigned and folded 6 days after sending them out. I was disappointed, it wasn't that big of a deal, I just wrote a nice letter and had heard he signed.

I'm new to the TTM, I have 600 sports autographs mostly all in person, so any information on this TTM stuff is new to me.
JWLJN
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JWLJN »

davidn2161 wrote:Has anyone had any recent successes with Bruno Sammartino? I got my pictures back unsigned and folded 6 days after sending them out. I was disappointed, it wasn't that big of a deal, I just wrote a nice letter and had heard he signed.
Very unlike Bruno. Did you use the right address?

I forgot to mention one thing in my TNA report that will be of interest to this board. The night before the show my friend told me that he had come across a house show report from a few weeks ago. It seems that at that particular show Austin Aries was stamping his autograph with a stamp of his own signature. I came across of a photo of it myself.

At the show Aries was originally slated to be one of the merch table signers but Don West called an audible and switched Aries and Robbie E at the last minute. Prior to this West had made a joke to the crowd saying something to the effect of, "...and who knows if you'll get an actual signature from Aries or a stamp or what!"

This really pissed me off and I was actually going to file a complaint if it happened. It's not as if I really care about Aries, but it's the principle and the fact that a stamp is NOT an autograph. When Aries came out he was armed with a sharpie and signed all autographs personally. I heard West approach him in the aisle about it and Aries replied that it was too hard to use the stamp when not at a table. West replied, "Well, you can use it tomorrow." I feel bad for anyone in Erie who was specifically looking for an Aries autograph.

So if in the future if anyone is going to a TNA show bound and determined to get an Aries autograph...you may end up with a stamp.

-J\/\/
davidn2161
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by davidn2161 »

I used the one in the database for Sammartino. I was just surprised when I opened it because I had heard he was a good signer.

Bruno Sammartino
413 Goldsmith Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
USA
JWLJN
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JWLJN »

davidn2161 wrote:I used the one in the database for Sammartino. I was just surprised when I opened it because I had heard he was a good signer.

Bruno Sammartino
413 Goldsmith Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
USA
That's the one. Bruno has never refused an autograph in his entire career, so I'm not really sure what happened there.

-J\/\/
sky312rocks
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sky312rocks »

i got evan bourne signed 4 cards and wrote note took 13 days
JellyBeanSteve
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JellyBeanSteve »

Hey guys,
New to the site and wanted to thank you for all the help prior to joining.
If you would be interested to see my collection, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLIsoD3DX5Q
Look forward to communicating with you guys and once again wanted to thank you for all the help before I joined.
Haase112983
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Haase112983 »

Josh, Aries is an interesting character. I met him 2 years ago at a local Minnesota show and he was both rude and nice almost at the same time. He joked around with myself & Adam Pearce about my AWA shirt. I told both that I was looking for the Cena logo on the shirt which they both laughed. Then I wanted to ask Aries about his work with Nash in TNA and he wasn’t real happy I asked. He didn’t do anything bad and still signed the pic but he was anti-TNA which makes me laugh how 2 years later he’s back with them. Bottom line you never know what you will get with Aries.

But I’ve met a bunch of wrestlers and Aries was the worst so I guess I’ve had it lucky when meeting wrestlers. And, I really didn’t have that bad of an experience with him. Just be careful with him.

As far as the best go. Jerry Lynn & Chris Daniels. 2 class acts!!!
davidn2161
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by davidn2161 »

I got Aries in 2006, and back then he was really quiet and down on WWE and TNA and plugged the hell out of ROH. He also didn't seem too happy I had a printed picture I brought when he had Ring of Honor 8x10s with him for sale.