SASE vs. Address

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
jdsnotnice
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: SASE vs. Address

Post by jdsnotnice »

Yeah, I've always sent SASE, with sports cards (and the like) I always send the request in a regular size envelope and a smaller envelope for the return.
bonniewrightfan323
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bonniewrightfan323 »

I have no idea what a SASE is. I'm brand-new to this and I've never herd of a SASE.
Wordsworth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Wordsworth »

Bonnie, it's a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

Basically, when you send a letter to a celebrity asking them to send you an autograph, you should include an envelope with your request, addressed to you and with enough postage on it for the autograph to be returned to you.

Besides being the polite thing to do, an SASE tends to improve your chances of getting an answer as the celebrity does not have to do a lot of work to send it.
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

bluberry52 wrote:Hi, I have recently started to write letters asking for autographs when I came across this post. I was wondering how do you know how big of a SASE to send?
Many US actors and actresses will send large photo like 8X10, so I normally send 9x12 envelopes as my SASE. But there are many UK stars who send 4x6 photos so you only need a regular sized envelope or 6X9. If the person you are writing has feedback on this site, check and see what size photo they send.

BossC
shuffles
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by shuffles »

Guys i have a quick question for the SASE do you put the stamps from your sending from on the envelope your sending or the SASE?
Favourite Autograph: Mila Kunis

Autograph Successes:Brandon Flowers (lead singer of the Killers) IP, Mila Kunis!!, Blake Lewis, Robert Muchamore, Cast of Coronation Street, Mark Salling, One Tree Hill Cast (when Chad and Hilarie were still in)

Most Wanted: Katy Perry, Eva Longoria, Adam Brody, Megan Fox, Dominic Monaghan, Bradley Cooper, Chace Crawford, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Rachel Bilson, Ben Mckenzie, Mischa Barton, Ian Somerhalder
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

shuffles wrote:Guys i have a quick question for the SASE do you put the stamps from your sending from on the envelope your sending or the SASE?
You put stamps on the outer envelope (or it won't go anywhere), and you put stamps on the SASE.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)