Aidan Gillen IP Success

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
Raura
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Aidan Gillen IP Success

Post by Raura »

Aidan Gillen aka Littlefinger in Game of Thrones, Tommy Carcetti in The Wire and Stuart Jones in Queer As Folk (UK).

He is one of my favorite actors. I read an old Q&A of him and know he doesn't like fans sending fanmails asking autographs, so the only way to get his autograph is in person. Unfortunately, I live in Asia and he's mostly active in Europe or the US. But thank all gods, somehow they brought Aidan to Asia--He was shooting a film in Singapore in February. I googled and found a facebook page hiring extras for the film. The filming date and location were attached.

The problem was I didn't know if Aidan would be there and the page starter didn't reply my mail. I still decided to fly to Singapore to try my luck.

Of course I met Aidan in person! The film crew were very nice and helped me ask Aidan to see me. He was talkative than expected and took his time to pose for me! Walking with him and seeing his facial expressions was so unreal. {??} I thought everything would be in a rush, but we chatted for about five minutes. :mrgreen:

I brought QAF booklet and his old indie film, one of his favorite work, to be signed.

I notice that the signature is very different from his old ones in some autograph sites!

You can see his other pics I took in my Flickr account ;-)
rachelj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Aidan Gillen IP Success

Post by rachelj »

Hey! I'm from Singapore, and I am a huge fan of Aidan's, so I freaked when I knew he was here! I got through the production office, and this nice lady, Joey, helped me get an autograph from him! I just received this! I'll be posting the success later, as I am on mobile!
Rock on! :)
Ps, he's super nice!
Successes: Gwyneth Paltrow, Rupert Grint, Channing Tatum, Foster The People, etc.
Most wanted: Zac Efron, Criminal Minds cast, Paget Brewster, etc.
Waiting for: Too many to be counted :P

ImageImage
ImageImage

Please visit my website,
http://rachelsautographs.wordpress.com/
Or follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/racheljuay
(I may come up with autograph giveaways from time to time....)
And remember, authenticity is in the eye of the beholder! As long as you're happy, nothing else really matters :D
PS: I'm willing to trade items for addresses for my most wanted!
Raura
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Raura »

I can understand! I freaked out too when I read the news he was in Singapore!!!! :shock: (I'm from Taiwan tho) It may be the nearest place I can see him!

Yes, he's super nice!!!!!! It was also the first phrase I described him to my friends after meeting him. ;-) I thought he would be cool and talk less, but I'm glad I was wrong. He is nice and charming! {up} {??}
rachelj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rachelj »

You, my friend, are a seriously hardcore fan of his, to fly all the way here just to meet him. {up} fans like you are what makes a celeb, a celeb {up} Awesome! I would have met him IP, but I had no clue where he would be.... I think he'd b e a delightful guy, but he doesn't look like the talkative type. LOL. How was Singapore by the way?
Successes: Gwyneth Paltrow, Rupert Grint, Channing Tatum, Foster The People, etc.
Most wanted: Zac Efron, Criminal Minds cast, Paget Brewster, etc.
Waiting for: Too many to be counted :P

ImageImage
ImageImage

Please visit my website,
http://rachelsautographs.wordpress.com/
Or follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/racheljuay
(I may come up with autograph giveaways from time to time....)
And remember, authenticity is in the eye of the beholder! As long as you're happy, nothing else really matters :D
PS: I'm willing to trade items for addresses for my most wanted!
Raura
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Raura »

Thanks for your praise! :oops: I'm just a lucky little fan, but I'm happy to fly all this way for Aidan {??}

I'm surprised he talked more than I'd expected! I thought he was a silent person according to some interviews. Maybe I was good at throwing topics, I don't know... Anyway, wish my English were better, and I thought of some other nicer topics when I got home but it was too late!

Singapore is really good! Shame my trip was shortened for the heavy fog in Taipei. Hope I can go again soon and visit Jurong Bird Park and Sentosa! :D