For TRASH - Getting To Know The Various Forms Of Autographs

Trash
Emiley
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Emiley »

Wow, thanks for the information on that! Really helped. :D Also, if you get an autograph and it's basicly personalized like.. "Hey (insert name here)! Thanks for the letter. Love, (insert celebrity n ame here)"
You can basicly tell it's real right? Because it is personalized.. =/
RuleroftheWorld

Re: Another way to tell

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

autographgirl wrote:Another way to tell if your autograph is real is to smell it, usually with sharpies there is a strong scent to it when smelt up close.
Allyson
:lol:
How does that prove its real though, as opposed to secretarial?
Volante

Post by Volante »

Emiley wrote:Wow, thanks for the information on that! Really helped. :D Also, if you get an autograph and it's basicly personalized like.. "Hey (insert name here)! Thanks for the letter. Love, (insert celebrity n ame here)"
You can basicly tell it's real right? Because it is personalized.. =/
Nope that doesn't mean it's authentic. Well, if the text matches the signature, then it's probably authentic (or could be secretarial as well) but in many cases the text/personalisation doesn't match the signature which is probably a secretarial inscription to a PP or AP.
click banner to check out my autographs :)
leela
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leela »

The real/secretarial thing is....well, a hot topic. Travolta's is very questionable though, agreed.
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

DTP wrote:There is a GREAT service out there who authenticates services, although it is somewhat costly depending on whose signature you send in to have authenticated. The service is PSA/DNA, a division of Collector's Universe. I've bought dozens of PSA/DNA authenticated items and they are by reputation #1 in authenticating signatures. PSA/DNA items typically go for a premium because of their solid reputation. Their sports card grading service is a great service I've used for years, and I think the company is top-notch. You can find out more info by visiting http://www.psadna.com. When you visit the site, you may be under the impression it's only for sports-related memorabilia, but they authenticate EVERYTHING. I have PSA/DNA items of several actresses and other people besides athletes. Check it out.
Please dont recommend this site, they are awful. There are many lawsuits against them, and they've even authenticated PREPRINTS as authentics!!
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

Andy316 wrote:
DTP wrote:There is a GREAT service out there who authenticates services, although it is somewhat costly depending on whose signature you send in to have authenticated. The service is PSA/DNA, a division of Collector's Universe. I've bought dozens of PSA/DNA authenticated items and they are by reputation #1 in authenticating signatures. PSA/DNA items typically go for a premium because of their solid reputation. Their sports card grading service is a great service I've used for years, and I think the company is top-notch. You can find out more info by visiting http://www.psadna.com. When you visit the site, you may be under the impression it's only for sports-related memorabilia, but they authenticate EVERYTHING. I have PSA/DNA items of several actresses and other people besides athletes. Check it out.
Please dont recommend this site, they are awful. There are many lawsuits against them, and they've even authenticated PREPRINTS as authentics!!
Thanks for the warning. And it's sad that a company would authenticate Pre-prints as being the real thing, it's just comes to show ya that some companies just want money & will try to claim fake autographs as the real thing.

Also, I like to add some info to this thread. If you get an autograph & it's from Studio Fan Mail (SFM), then it's not a real autograph. SFM autographs are either Pre-prints or Autopens but the autographs come from SFM, the celebrity never gets the email, it's read by employees of SFM would send out the autographs.
x Pirates-Fan x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x Pirates-Fan x »

Are Keira Knightleys authentic?, I think they are stamps but I'm not sure.

x Pirates-Fan x
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

Either that or secs. :roll:
x Pirates-Fan x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x Pirates-Fan x »

Ok, thanks much!

x Pirates-Fan x
woa
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by woa »

Dont be so fast to recommend them. They make mistakes too and have recently gotten in trouble for some huge errors made on very high end items. Most dealers I know laugh at them.
If you like authentic autographs you need to visit this site:

http://www.worldofautographs.com

Wondering if an autograph is authentic?

Check out our online authentication database with in-person examples here:
http://www.worldofautographs.com/list.php

(let us know if you have any requests & if we have examples we will add them)

We are Autograph Fair Trade Association (AFTAL) Approved Dealer #AD123.
Learn more here:
http://www.aftal.org.uk/

ImageImage