anyone in uk noticed a shortage of responses recently?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
vespasian
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

anyone in uk noticed a shortage of responses recently?

Post by vespasian »

anyone in uk noticed a shortage of responses recently?ive also had a couple back delivered opened.... :(
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: anyone in uk noticed a shortage of responses recently?

Post by Shambler »

vespasian wrote:anyone in uk noticed a shortage of responses recently?ive also had a couple back delivered opened.... :(

Not in the UK, but 90% of the celebs I write to are British. I've noticed the massive drop in responses too, but thought it was only me! At the beginning of the year I was getting 2-4 a week, but since April I'm lucky if I get 4 a month...I'm not saying this is the cause of the problem, but after the mess up at Heathrow my mail just got less and less :neutral: and quite a few of mine come back opened too..
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
lizane

Post by lizane »

Aw, really? :( I sent to Robert Pattinson and Matthew Rhys this week via their UK agencies - I just hope they come back safely! I haven't received anything for 2 months now... :cry:

Thanks & good luck collecting,
Lizanne
addicted
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by addicted »

Shambler wrote:
vespasian wrote:anyone in uk noticed a shortage of responses recently?ive also had a couple back delivered opened.... :(

Not in the UK, but 90% of the celebs I write to are British. I've noticed the massive drop in responses too, but thought it was only me! At the beginning of the year I was getting 2-4 a week, but since April I'm lucky if I get 4 a month...I'm not saying this is the cause of the problem, but after the mess up at Heathrow my mail just got less and less :neutral: and quite a few of mine come back opened too..
I only received 2 back from UK in May & June... :? I have 30+ requests that sent in Feb,Mar,April..
although most of them were sent to football club..but still it was much fewer than b4 :?
Authentic: 102
Recent Success:Deco,Ballack,Louis Saha and Theo Walcott

Favourite Success: All Arsenal player's and All IP
Most Wanted: Thierry Henry & All Arsenal Players
Summer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Summer »

I mostly write to soap/TV stars, and I have noticed a drop in the amount of replies I've been getting :?

I don't know why, it's like they've all gone on strike!

I got loads in Jan/Feb this year, and it sort of dwindled from there. I'm not writing any less, I don't get it. I've had one RTS, the rest have just gone in to the big black hole that seems to be my local post box!
Most wanted: Kate Moss, Eva Longoria, Brad Pitt.
Recent sucesses: Lacey Turner, David Beckham, Bear Grylls.
Almost have the whole cast of Eastenders - Yay!
sporty
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sporty »

I think my problem may have been that I was including enough postage for an envelope BEFORE the satmp price changed. I think some celebs don't feel like adding that extra 1 cent stamp. :?
i love this site, it's sweet! check it out:
Dougieness

Post by Dougieness »

This is happening to me too. :(

Im getting worried... :(

Dougie {down}
cazcaz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cazcaz »

Well I wasn't worried before I read this post but now I am! I thought it was just a dry patch. :neutral:
I used to get at least one back a week and now it's more like one every six weeks.. :mad:
And most of mine I send are British.
Recent successes: David Tennant (IP), Catherine Tate (IP), Steven Moffat, Professor Brian Cox, Peter Jones, James Fleet
Theo2008
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Theo2008 »

I've done loads to football players in the UK and i haven't had a success for 2 weeks. All mine except from 5 have been in England
Heath Ledger
RIP 1979-2008
Gary2880
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Gary2880 »

Same here I'm afraid. I haven't been at it for a year but summers are possibly dry months?
anyone in uk noticed a shortage of responses recently?ive also had a couple back delivered opened.... :(
I too have had my last few come back opened. And one of those was very well sealed with a perforated cardboard edge which has to be deliberately opened, couldn't have just came undone.

up until the beginning of April i was getting loads. 7 or so within 2 weeks previously. March was superb, then after April I've had nearly nothing. Requests outstanding since January and everything.

I've had a few really good ones recently Bob Hoskins Phill Jupitus Michael Crawford et all but defiantly a marked slide downwards and a worrying amount of opened envelopes!!!!!

John Cleese I'm still waiting on and there was a success from him 2 weeks ago. Been waiting for 6 months for Myleene Klass and Bill Nighy are the 2 I really want that i'm waiting on.

Sending for a Ron Moody soon as the photo i bought of him arrives so hopefully that will be a quick ish one.

Such mixed emotions with this hobby eh.