Just curious...?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
hockeyfan1994
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Just curious...?

Post by hockeyfan1994 »

Just curious. I've noticed that it seems like you have to be in the "clic" in order to get a response out of people when you post any sort of feedback. Or maybe you need to have a success that is deemed "worthy" of anyone's attention...?

I've posted twice with an IP and a recent success for a signed playbill from Grease and although over 30 ppl viewed each post not one person commented on it.

Not that i care too much about that, but it would be nice to get an attaboy once in a while. No problem though, as i am destined to get big star successes because i know a technique in order to get in contact with them via venue i will not post any future successes. Why, it's just a waste of a few minutes out of my time.
ne0ven0m
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Just curious...?

Post by ne0ven0m »

Not so sure about being in any cliques, because I'm not in one, and I've had my fair share of successes their get lots of responses or get nothing. But as far as comments go, that's just the way things are. I don't comment on someone unless they got a success from someone I know of and care about.
There's nothing like seeing your own handwriting on a letter addressed to yourself in your mailbox :D
hockeyfan1994
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hockeyfan1994 »

ne0ven0m wrote:Not so sure about being in any cliques, because I'm not in one, and I've had my fair share of successes their get lots of responses or get nothing. But as far as comments go, that's just the way things are. I don't comment on someone unless they got a success from someone I know of and care about.
Hey that'll work for me. At least you responded to something. {thumb2}
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

hockeyfan1994 wrote:Just curious. I've noticed that it seems like you have to be in the "clic" in order to get a response out of people when you post any sort of feedback. Or maybe you need to have a success that is deemed "worthy" of anyone's attention...?
Big celebs (example - Johnny Depp) and/or celebs attached to current popular films (example - Harry Potter, High School Musical) always get more replies, as a lot of members are younger (14 and below) and are naturally more attracted to those successes than lesser known celebs.

However, I have noticed that when certain people post a success, their friends will almost always comment on it. Not really sure I'd class it as a "clique" though.
I've posted twice with an IP and a recent success for a signed playbill from Grease and although over 30 ppl viewed each post not one person commented on it.
No offence, but 30 views is nothing on a forum this size. Also you have to remember, threads can be viewed by non-members, therefore bumping the post count, and lots of members never post, they just read instead, which again bumps the numbers up.

Using your example of your Grease playbill though, when you look at the average member, and then compare it to other successes in that forum (Johnny Depp, Will Ferrell) then it will always be overlooked. Its not a reflection on your success, but merely a reflection on how most members flock towards the A-List feedbacks.

Personally Ive not heard of the people who have signed your playbill, maybe thats why others have not commented?
Not that i care too much about that, but it would be nice to get an attaboy once in a while. No problem though, as i am destined to get big star successes because i know a technique in order to get in contact with them via venue i will not post any future successes. Why, it's just a waste of a few minutes out of my time.
The purpose of the forum is to help fellow collectors, and share feedbacks to notify other collectors who may be fans.

For you to say "Im not posting because no one says 'well done' to me" just comes across as a little childish. No offence intended, but its a ridiculous comment in my opinion.
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

Don't be discouraged. I've posted IP successes that I think are pretty big, but as a UK collector a lot of members here haven't heard of the people I've met, so I don't get a lot of interest. I don't mind though. I'm happy to share my successes even if people don't post.

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

I've had so many feedback topics go by without comment - you have to realize most people will only comment if they actually have a slight interest in the celeb you've gotten a success from. I'm really not gonna click on a topic where I haven't even heard of the celeb(s), for example, the cast of Grease (I only know the original film cast/am interested in them). Don't be discouraged, some topics are just hit and miss. And...to be quite honest, this forum's not very clique-y really!
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
Melindabear2002
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Melindabear2002 »

I wouldn't really worry about it. I've posted in person successes and some through the mail and maybe get one comment or none sometimes. I comment but not that much, mainly because if I get on I like to chat or help people with their questions. And as someone else said it's all about what people on here really like. I'm had some that I think are pretty big successes or at least they were for me, but not many people really agreed. Certain celebs are bound to get more comments when feedback is gotten.
My Autograph Collection, (If you want to ask how I got any graph please feel free to email me)
howboutthosemets
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by howboutthosemets »

Like some others have said.. I usually don't respond to a thread unless I actually know who the person the autograph is from, and am interested in them. I usually don't respond to preprint successes that much, or if a thread has a million responses, how many "great success'" can one person get? But don't be discouraged. As a trainee Mod. I do help people out whenever I can, but people on the board are pretty good at responding quickly, so unless I have something worthy of responding I usually keep my mouth shut. Like the old saying goes "It is better to keep your mouth shut than to open it and say something foolish." Yes, I do go out of my way to respond to people that respond to my threads on a regular basis, it's just common courtesy. But please don't take offense to it. If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me, I'm always available and happy collecting!
Recently Received:
TTM:

George Strait
Kevin Costner
Valentina Schevchenko
nightowl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nightowl »

I don't know how I can say anything at this point and not repeat what everyone has already said here.

I'm not in any clic. And just as others have said, I only look at the celebs that interest me, the ones that I admire. And I don't always reply but like to read the info. I don't see my not replying as any disrespect. As has been said this forum is meant for informing and sharing. Some choose to reply while others may never do so.

It is not meant as a slight in any way so please don't take it as such. And as has been already said there tends to be more of a gravitation towards A-list stars, or celebs that are known by younger audiences. I have a feeling a lot of people have never heard of Patti Page or Joan Fontaine etc., but there are those of us that have and admire them a great deal. And realizing that a great many haven't heard of them I am more likely not to get very many replies, and much less views than say a Johnny Depp authentic.

Do please continue to share your successes. {thumb2}
iheartcelebs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by iheartcelebs »

I don't think I'm really in a "clique" here, but I agree with howaboutthosemets in saying, if I like the celebrity or I think I have advice to add, I will, but I'm not going to say, "AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!! WHAT'S THE ADDRESS!!!!!!!???????!!" if it's someone I'm not interested in.

Do keep posting, though!

-a-
Siggies-xoxo to jonasbrothersfan!
avvie-xoxo to iluvsl28

Favorites:Selena Gomez (x2), Chelsea Staub, Nikki Blonsky
Waiting for: Meaghan Jette Martin, Chelsea Staub!

Most amazing: Letter from Chelsea Staub <3

<3<3<3