Do away with chat for a while?

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!

Total votes: 0

Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

With this Tony guy (who goes under various names) constantly spamming the chat-box, and using it to 'interfere' with female members of the site, shouldn't chat be removed for perhaps...a month? If this is possible? Just so that he can think it's been taken down for good and move onto another site? After a while it can be enabled once again. Please consider this suggestion Admin.
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Do away with chat for a while?

Post by Larisie »

Not to be rude, but do you really think he doesn't check other parts of the board? If he does, which I assume he does just to see what/if people are saying anything about him he'll see this and know if the chat ever goes down it's possible it would only be for "a month" as you said, I'm sure he'd wait it out. A good idea, but I don't think it'd work, personally.

Where it last stood Admin wasn't considering getting rid of the chatroom, but not sure whether things have changed. What I suggest is to just not look at the chat and ignore him. He wants the attention and is obviously getting it. Everyone, I'm sure wants him gone, but this is the best I can suggest right now while we (the Mods) try to sort things out.

Sorry to be so abrupt, Shambler. :lol:
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

Yeah, I was thinking about that last night when I posted - that he could possibly have a look at this topic, but on the other hand I think he just confines himself to the chat section. It's just getting really frustrating, especially when you have to turn your PM's off because you have him constantly messaging you with abuse or wanting you to email him. He's 33, what does he want with girls half his age!! :?

And no worries, I hope you guys sort something out. You'd think he'd have gotten bored by now, but unfortunately there are just some really freaky people out there.
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

Totally understand where you're coming from, shambler! I'm sorry to hear that you have been bothered by him, especially through PMs. {down} It's very unfortunate. I hope that we (the mods) will be able to come up with a solution very soon, as the members safety are definitely important to us. It's difficult as we're somewhat limited with options, but we're trying things out.

Take care, and I hope he doesn't bother you anymore. Try to ignore him in the chat (or don't go there) so you can't be bothered by him. {up} He obviously needs to grow up and get a life!! :mad:
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Shambler wrote:Yeah, I was thinking about that last night when I posted - that he could possibly have a look at this topic, but on the other hand I think he just confines himself to the chat section. It's just getting really frustrating, especially when you have to turn your PM's off because you have him constantly messaging you with abuse or wanting you to email him. He's 33, what does he want with girls half his age!! :?

And no worries, I hope you guys sort something out. You'd think he'd have gotten bored by now, but unfortunately there are just some really freaky people out there.
He's two and a half times (ish) older than me, and he's getting really freaky. I would add him to my "foes" list, or whatever it's called, but you still recieve PMs from him that ask you if you want to read them. If you've chosen to ignore the member, you obviously don't want to get messages from them! Plus he's got 3572365476548764897648 usernames (slight exaggeration!)
I hope he gets sorted out soon.
autoland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autoland »

OH DEAR, HAS IT COME TO THIS {down}

EVERYONE SHOULD FEEL SAFE, ON HERE AS THIS IS A SITE FOR COLLECTING AUTOGRAPHS, ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE SHOULD BE PROTECTED ON HERE.

THIS REALLY RUNS DEEP TOO, AS NO ONE SHOULD FEEL ENDANGERED, OR INSULTED AND IT SHOULD BE SUITABLE FOR ALL, AT ALL TIMES.

SAD TOO SAY, THAT EVEN IN MY SHORT TIME ON THIS SITE, STANDARDS HAVE DROPPED, AND ON SOME PARTS OF SITE, WORDS GET A BIT RUDER, AND COMMENTS GET MORE AND MORE NEARER THE MARK {down}

I'M NOT SAYING, THIS IS A BAD SITE, IT'S STILL NUMBER ONE FOR AUTOGRAPHS {thumb2} BUT PLEASE LET US ALL DO SO IN SAFETY.
Gary2880
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Gary2880 »

Surely it must be possible to block his accounts/from creating accounts at the IP stage unless he is using multiple locations. I havn't seen what he does but from what you say if he is that age and he is attempting to get near to/harass young females its quite obvious what he is. As there is no shortage of young girls on here and as was seen yesterday not everyone is clever enough to airbrush out their home address when posting feedback for the first time.

You best get it sorted out sharpish Admin.
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

I'll try PM admin and make him aware of this thread. This user is a threat to the younger girls [under 18 especially] who may be more naive/flippant when it comes to revealing their personal details to him. When he PM'd me I just fed him a load of lies then turned my PM's off. Gary, he usually brags about how his I.P address is encoded, so I don't know what can be done, except for removing chat temporarily.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Shambler :)

Thanks for your PM {up}

He is gone now :mrgreen:

Fanmail 8)
cr7
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cr7 »

admin wrote:Hi Shambler :)

Thanks for your PM {up}

He is gone now :mrgreen:

Fanmail 8)
Really? well what exactly is going to stop him/her signing up again? Couldn't you at least remove the chat from the index? Just leave the link at the top of the forum? Those who want to see it have the option then right?