Lucy Liu fake on a party flyer !!

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Lucyliulover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Lucy Liu fake on a party flyer !!

Post by Lucyliulover »

Hi All,

My name is Lars Hiller and I'm a big fan of Lucy Liu. I saw a big party flyer with Lucy lui on the flyer and thought that she will come to the party but after I called the organisors said she is not coming but only as design on a party flyer. But is this allowed? Is this not illegal to take a picture of Lucy Liu to use it design?
Here the partyflyer

I was very dissapointed but also feel it unfair against Lucy that her picture is used without her knowing it.

Is anybody able to help me out?

Many thanks,
Thumper

Re: Lucy Liu fake on a party flyer !!

Post by Thumper »

I'm sure it's legal if the celebrity posed for it, after all, you don't get a box of chocolates and get a celebrity come with it" :lol:
BABii_ANG3L
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BABii_ANG3L »

I think this is legal. I get like a bunch of teen bash, club, etc. flyers shoved in my face almost everyday in front of the school and they always put celebrities on there to make it seem more "cool".
i CAN LUV U 4EVER BUT NEVER WiLL i BE iN LOVE WiTH U 'TiL U LUV ME

Lucyliulover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lucyliulover »

BABii_ANG3L wrote:I think this is legal. I get like a bunch of teen bash, club, etc. flyers shoved in my face almost everyday in front of the school and they always put celebrities on there to make it seem more "cool".

I thought it was copywright because i know that Lucy didnt posed for that. But if this is legal then no problem at all. ;-)
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

Lucyliulover wrote:I thought it was copywright because i know that Lucy didnt posed for that. But if this is legal then no problem at all. ;-)
She may not have posed for that particular flyer, but she posed for the picture. As long as the event organisers negotiate and pay for the priviledge, they can use any picture they wish to promote their event.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
Lucyliulover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lucyliulover »

osiris wrote:
Lucyliulover wrote:I thought it was copywright because i know that Lucy didnt posed for that. But if this is legal then no problem at all. ;-)
She may not have posed for that particular flyer, but she posed for the picture. As long as the event organisers negotiate and pay for the priviledge, they can use any picture they wish to promote their event.
That is good! Is there any possibillity I can find the managers of Lucy Liu ? I was planning to have her as guest on one of our festivals.

Thank you guys for the help. Now I know more and can also tell the organisors about what is legal and not.
BABii_ANG3L
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BABii_ANG3L »

I'm not sure about that. Maybe you should try calling William Morris Agency or if you're not sure, try the IMDB Pro Free Trial. Most of the info. there are accurate.
i CAN LUV U 4EVER BUT NEVER WiLL i BE iN LOVE WiTH U 'TiL U LUV ME