Just a general question about autograph collecting

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
AutoPhotoPrincess
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Just a general question about autograph collecting

Post by AutoPhotoPrincess »

Hi, I've seen a lot of people's autograph photos. I'm curious, do you guys just pick someone to write to just cause you want a celebrity autograph for your collection and only know a little or nothing about the person you are writing to?? Or do you guys all know every person you have written to by either watching sports or a movie with them in it ect. I'm just curious thanks!
Thanks SOUTHERNAIKEN for the banner
Autographs Total: 157
Latest Autograph: [/color] Kristi Yamaguchi, Hakan Hardenberger Trumpet Player[/b]
Favorite Autographs: Clay Aiken, Scott Hamilton, Dick Button, Jeff Foxworthy, David Archuletta
Pending Requests: 30
[b]Most Wanted:[/b/] Shania Twain, Brooke White, William Shanter, Carmon Diaz, Gloria Estefan,Ty Pennington, Mark Zuckerburg,
http://autographgirl.angelfire.com
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Just a general question about autograph collecting

Post by jdp3577 »

you should write to people your a fan of. if you write people you dont know anything about, your collection isnt going to mean much to you
#-John-#
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by guilder1st »

I only write to people that I like. What's the point otherwise. Celebrities can usually tell if someone is a genuine fan of them or not.
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hi AutoPhotoPrincess! ;-)

I only write to people of whom I'm a huge fan of! {thumb2} I'm actually not an autograph collector, I'm just a fan who loves to write to my favourite actors ect. :razz: I don't think I'll ever have more than 50 autographs but that doesn't bother me because by the time I have 50, I will at least have all of my favourites! :mrgreen:

Good luck collecting,
Lizanne
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by miley cyrus fan »

ya i write to someone im a fan of only, i mean thier have been times wheir their not exactly my favirote celebrity ever but no doubt about it i like the celeb and their work and like always hope for a great responce.
Sammya
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sammya »

I only write to people who I really like and admire, but I am a fan of so many celebs and also I sometimes become a fan of some more, of new actor / actress / athlete /singer etc who I see in some movie or hear a song in radio etc, so I think I'll never stop collecting ;-) But I never write to someone I don!t like or know just because of getting an autograph. What value would such autograph have for me?
>> My autograph collection site << *NEW WEBSITE!*
Moridin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Moridin »

I only write to people I like or people who are the cast of a sitcom or movie that I like (If I'm trying to complete the cast or something)
ursha
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ursha »

Hei!
As others have written I could answer the same ;) I write to a people I'm a fan of =)
Also if I'm huge fan of a one movie I'll try to get all cast's autographs...
But usually before I write to one person I see 3 movies or more before...Ok there
are also people I wrote and saw just one movie but these are usually young
celebrities who started their career =)
xx
Ursha
Thanks to Seb for my beautiful set! :)

Favourites: Kellan Lutz!, David Wenham!, Frank W. Abagnale, Tom Felton, Billy Boyd,
Adrien Brody, Channing Tatum, Geoffrey Rush, Robert Pattinson, Ian Somerhalder
Most wanted: Dominic Monaghan, Amanda Bynes, Heath Ledger (RIP)
Last one received: James Franco

{star} My Autograph Website
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

I write to people I admire. I may have only seen one of their movies but if the role they played in that movie was enough to touch me, that's what I write about in my letter. I'm not a big fan of Judi Dench's movies but when she played Iris Murdoch in and adaptation of John Bailey's biography, I was blown away by her portrayal of someone with alzheimers disease, and that's what I talked about in my letter.
As long as you're not just writing to people who reply quickly, or send autographs via email requests, I don't see a problem with writing to someone you're not completely mad about. You don't have to own every movie to be a fan of someone's work.

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!
hoop daddy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hoop daddy »

Honestly, sometimes I write to people that I may not be a fan of. But it's only been once or twice.
I really only write NFL players, but there are times where I throw in some celebrities I like.

Like Jason Castro, Vida Guerra, Jayceon Taylor and so on. (By the way I'm a fan of all those people!!!)

What I'm saying is I usually only write to people I like.

Hope this helped your question.