Did the Gorillaz break up???

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
AtreyuRockFan4ever
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Did the Gorillaz break up???

Post by AtreyuRockFan4ever »

hi peeps, :(
does anyone know if the Gorillaz break up, because i have a friend who said they broke up, but i couldnt be sure. i looked it up and half said yes, and others no. and then another friend of mine said they didnt...
now im confizzled. :?
do you think they broke up??? :?
Waiting For- A lot.
Latest Requests-Good Charlotte, Green Day, and Billy Talent
Latest Return To Sender-Bullet For My Valentine
Latest TTM Successes-Nelly Furtado(Personalized) and Angelina Jolie(Preprint)
Latest IP Success-Motley Crue
Favorite Successes-Atreyu(IP), Slipknot(IP),Motley Crue(IP), Paramore(IP),Disturbed(IP), Lifehouse(IP),and Trivium(IP)!!
Most Wanted-Korn, Metallica, Linkin Park, and Avenged Sevenfold

Billy Talent^
Thumper

Re: Did the Gorillaz break up???

Post by Thumper »

Have you checked their MySpace/Offical Site?
Volante

Post by Volante »

How can a band with only one member break up?

:P

Gorillaz is a fictional band, as stated above.
click banner to check out my autographs :)
AtreyuRockFan4ever
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AtreyuRockFan4ever »

i see.
Waiting For- A lot.
Latest Requests-Good Charlotte, Green Day, and Billy Talent
Latest Return To Sender-Bullet For My Valentine
Latest TTM Successes-Nelly Furtado(Personalized) and Angelina Jolie(Preprint)
Latest IP Success-Motley Crue
Favorite Successes-Atreyu(IP), Slipknot(IP),Motley Crue(IP), Paramore(IP),Disturbed(IP), Lifehouse(IP),and Trivium(IP)!!
Most Wanted-Korn, Metallica, Linkin Park, and Avenged Sevenfold

Billy Talent^
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mighty_Modders »

as soon as damon albarn sees the next bandwagon to leap onto, hes off. leaving a trail of washed-up bands behind him...
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

Volante wrote:How can a band with only one member break up?
Maybe because they're not a band with only one member?! Gorillaz comprises of Damon Albarn, Jamie Hewlett and a number of collaborators, most notably the hip hop group De La Soul. Although they will be releasing a documentary, they're on an indefinite hiatus, and personally I doubt they will be working on any new material soon again, knowing Damon.

Blur are also officially over. Howeverm you might want to check out Damon's new band, The Good, The Bad & The Queen, which also features formers members of The Clash, The Verve, and a great jazz drummer from Africa. Try downloading 'Three Changes', 'History Song' and 'Herculean'.

My best advice is not to get too emotionally attached to any band Damon has as he always tends to experiment with new projects - the man is far too talented and creative to stick with the same band for years on end.
Mighty_Modders wrote:as soon as damon albarn sees the next bandwagon to leap onto, hes off. leaving a trail of washed-up bands behind him...
Washed-up? that Oasis my friend. When last did they release a good album? 1995. Thats not my opinion only but the opinion of many. Criticise him all you like, but Damon is able to diversify and create refreshingly original music through a variety of platforms, not sticking to the same old, same old, formula like certain other bands. :roll: Yawn. And even Damon-haters will agree that no-one can beat the man when it comes to lyrics.
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
chriscollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chriscollector »

Gorillaz is a virtual band formed in 1998 by Damon Albarn of Britpop band Blur, and Jamie Hewlett, co-creator of the comic book Tank Girl. The band is composed of four animated band members: 2D, Murdoc, Noodle and Russel. The band's music is a collaboration between various musicians with Albarn being the only permanent member. Their style is broadly alternative rock, but with a large number of other influences including hip hop, electronica, dub and pop.[1][2]

The band's first album, 2001's Gorillaz, sold over seven million copies and earned them an entry in the Guinness Book of Records as the Most Successful Virtual Band.[3] It was nominated for the Mercury Prize 2001, but the nomination was later withdrawn at the band's request.[4] Their second studio album, Demon Days, was released in 2005 and included the hit singles "Feel Good Inc.", "DARE", "Dirty Harry" and "Kids With Guns / El Mañana". Demon Days went five times platinum in the UK,[5] double platinum in the United States[6] and earned five Grammy Award nominations for 2006[7] and won one of them in the Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals category.[8] Gorillaz have also released three compilation albums. The latest, D-Sides, was awarded the title Album of the Month by Mixmag in December 2007.

The best thing to do is find the venue his new band is performing at. Contact the location and ask if they will pass on a "very important package that can't wait till he retuns from teh tour". Mostly when yiou say "Fanmail" they don't want to be bothered. Send the letter with some pics and hope for the best. All TTM autographs are a gamble. Some are big winners, adn some loosers. Just give it a shot.
seb88
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by seb88 »

From Wikipedia:

Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett stated in an interview with CBC News on 17 September 2008 that they will be doing another Gorillaz album. Hewlett also expressed annoyance at having to draw the band members again, "I'm so fucking bored of drawing those characters. But then we had a moment where we had a new angle on it... I'm gonna adapt them. Hewlett says that from their work on Monkey, "we just learned more about what we do, musically and artistically. That's a great place to come at when we come to another Gorillaz album. It doesn't have to be animation and music." An article by the Toronto Star stated that the duo hope to begin work on the album in January 2009. Albarn also said that he wants "to work with an incredibly eclectic, surprising cast of people."

There you go! {thumb2}
My website. My autographs: TheCollection
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When i get sad, i stop being sad and be awesome again. True story!"