Playbill Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
TheScarletPimpernel

Re: Playbill Collectors

Post by TheScarletPimpernel »

The postage is anywhere between $.60 to $.82 ... So I usually put on two and if they think that it needs more they usually add one or two. It just varies sometimes because sometimes the playbills (which are technically magazines) have tons of ads, or if they have a large cast are generally bigger.

And I don't actually know the exact size of a playbill. I'll figure it out though later if no one else does before me.

Best of luck!
WONDERLAND:Alice's New Musical Adventure enjoyed a short, but sweet run on Broadway in Spring of 2011!

-- GREG :D
monsoon
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by monsoon »

Is the playbill less than 6.5"x9.5"? That's what they sell at Office Depot. The 9x12 envelope is too big. The mailmen can shake it and damage it.
TheScarletPimpernel

I hate to say this--but usually if I'm sending it to the stage manager, I don't generally send a SASE (Sometimes I do send stamps). But if you're sending it to a specific person, it's best to send the SASE.

The average playbill size is: 8.5 inches long, 5.5 inches width. Unless your sending it to an "Encores! at the City Center" (Like LuPone's Gypsy last summer there) or sometimes touring productions (Wicked always does a playbill however) won't have the same playbills. However, all Broadway shows do the same measurement ones.

Best of luck!
WONDERLAND:Alice's New Musical Adventure enjoyed a short, but sweet run on Broadway in Spring of 2011!

Skye

Post by Skye »

philly0330 wrote:I hate to say this--but usually if I'm sending it to the stage manager, I don't generally send a SASE (Sometimes I do send stamps). But if you're sending it to a specific person, it's best to send the SASE.

The average playbill size is: 8.5 inches long, 5.5 inches width. Unless your sending it to an "Encores! at the City Center" (Like LuPone's Gypsy last summer there) or sometimes touring productions (Wicked always does a playbill however) won't have the same playbills. However, all Broadway shows do the same measurement ones.

Best of luck!
So if you're sending to the cast you don't have to send a sase?
Image Image Image Image Image
Latest Request:
Latest Success:
Favorite Success:
TheScarletPimpernel

Yeah, I haven't yet and I've gotten several. I have only twice. Once to the Whistle Down the Wind Tour (you should always do it for a touring production) and Spamalot, becuase I requested two signed playbills.

Otherwise, as long as you address it to the Stage Manager or "Cast & Crew," I usually just send about two stamps (unless I know the playbill will be larger heavier (Les Mis)) with my note of request, and other than The Little Mermaid (It may have been the address -- or no SASE) and Wicked (They get sooooo many letters everyday), all my other ones have come back within 7 - 10 days on average. (Phantom of the Opera being the shortest at 7!)

monsoon

Post by monsoon »

So far I got:
"Phantom of the Opera" cast - Mar. 08
"The Homecoming" cast - Mar. 08
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

monsoon wrote:So far I got:
"Phantom of the Opera" cast - Mar. 08
"The Homecoming" cast - Mar. 08
Got 4 more today:
"November"
"Spamalot"
"WICKED"
"Young Frankenstein"
Trottersfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Trottersfan »

Hi! I am quite interested in starting collecting Playbills, but am from UK... Do you think they would still reply? Also, what would I have to say in the letter, because I wouldn't be able to say I've been to the show... :?

Thanks,

trottersfan {thumb2}
Need any help? Contact me: trottersfan@fanmail.biz

http://www.trottersfansautographs.fotopic.net - UPDATED!!!

Favourite Success - Wayne Rooney Signed England Shirt
TheScarletPimpernel

To trottersfan,
Unlike in the U.K. (west end), playbills are free, well with the intention that you've seen the show. While a big budget show like "The Little Mermaid" or the "Lion King" might reply without an SASE of yours, most likely shows like "In the Heights" or "Curtains" and the majority of other shows probably would not. So I would defanetly include a SASE if at all possible.

As to what to write, you could talk about how incredible you think that the cast is of a show, or that you've listened to the cast recording and it's one of your favourites. Who knows..maybe even write "When & if I come to NYC, I defanetly will have to see the show." You could also comment that you've heard about the set or something like that and that you've seen the production photographs and the whole show just looks amazing. And if the show is in London as well, you could write that while you loved the London version, you'd love to see the Broadway version + that cast. No need for the note to be that long...especially if you're (no offense to these shows) writing to Wicked, TLM, Phantom of the Opera, becuase most of the time it looks like they don't read them. However, Spamalot appeared to do so! But you could have possibly seen that one.

dewdrop10

Post by dewdrop10 »

Ive never collected playbills before.. so this actually might sound like a really dumb question.. but are playbills only for Broadway shows??