Phil Mickelson Edit: AUTOPEN

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
SD814
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Phil Mickelson Edit: AUTOPEN

Post by SD814 »

Edit: I sent a LOR, SASE, and (2) book plates to Phil Mickelson a month ago- both were returned autopenned. After careful examination, they are different from each other, but have your typical AP red flags... They are 100% matches to other recent successes posted on this site + on eBay. Still kind of cool, but not authentic. Sent to:

Gaylord Sports Management
13845 N Northsight Blvd
Ste 200
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Edit: Including Photos! Hopefully this works:

Uploaded with surfmypictures
Last edited by SD814 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Phil Mickelson Success!

Post by admin »

Hi SD814 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and picture you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Phil Mickelson on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
Cody_P
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Phil Mickelson Edit: AUTOPEN

Post by Cody_P »

SD814 wrote:Edit: I sent a LOR, SASE, and (2) book plates to Phil Mickelson a month ago- both were returned autopenned. After careful examination, they are different from each other, but have your typical AP red flags... They are 100% matches to other recent successes posted on this site + on eBay. Still kind of cool, but not authentic. Sent to:

Gaylord Sports Management
13845 N Northsight Blvd
Ste 200
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

I've received an autograph from him @ this address. You can look at the back of the picture & see the bleed of the pen. What AP red flags do you see on your autograph so I can compare to mine?
SD814
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SD814 »

Cody_P wrote:
SD814 wrote:I've received an autograph from him @ this address. You can look at the back of the picture & see the bleed of the pen. What AP red flags do you see on your autograph so I can compare to mine?
Hi Cody- Sorry for the late response- I'm just now learning how to post photos on this site. I'd love to share some tips with you! What do I look for when I'm looking for autopens?

1. Pen pressure. THIS IS A BIG TIP OFF!!! AP Machines apply one pressure, so the ink/sharpie width will be the same throughout the signature. There is no width variance.
2. Is it shaky? Signatures should never look shaky. The vibration from the machine and friction caused by the pen/sharpie being pressed and essentially dragged straight down can produce a shaky signature.
3. Are there big dots? When the pen/sharpie is initially pressed down by the machines arm, it creates a big dot. All AP machines are different, but the ones I've seen signed the signature backwards... So it can create a big ink dot at the end of a pen stroke.
4. Always compare to other successes... Go to eBay- see if you can find something identical. ANOTHER TIP- put a clear sandwich bag over your autograph and trace it. Find signatures on eBay and enlarge/minimize to the size of your signature and put your baggie on top of the screen.

Hope these tips help!
Steve
SD814
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SD814 »

One more tip: If you can, send two items. If they come back 100% identical, they were autopenned- It makes your job easier. I sent (2) bookplates to Gov. Kasich + Gov. Christie... the signatures were carbon copies of each other. I can say with confidence based on what I've seen, Mickelson has at least four signatures programmed into his machine. The weird part is his website suggests he hand-signs items for fans to decrease the black market value of his signature... that isn't really happening if his people autopen everything!
Stai12345
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Stai12345 »

Mine must be autopened too. But if you go to a PGA event were he is, you can an autograph that way. That's how I met him after sending him a letter.
Hope this helps and good luck :)[us]
Favorite TTMs: James Earl Jones, Nick Jonas, Arnold Palmer, Mickey Wright, and Robert Clary

Favorite IPs: Matt Kuchar, Jordan Spieth, Phil Mickelson, and Jim Furk

I'm a BIG Star Wars fan, if you have any information about any valid Star Wars cast addresses please contact me. I like autographs from WW2 era heroes like Holocaust survivors, Nazi Resistance members and WW2 veterans. If you have any information on that, please contact me. I would appropriate it!