Wentworth Miller - help!

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
chroma
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Wentworth Miller - help!

Post by chroma »

Hi, I'm from Argentina. I'm new at this..I never sent a request for an autograph to any celebrity, and after reading your successes with Wentworth Miller, my favourite actor in the whole world, I started to think how great would it be to receive a photo or anything signed by him!!
I ask for your help now because I really don't know how to do it, I don't know what I have to send or what I should write...If any of you could help me I would really apreciate it...

Thank you... and sorry for my lousy english! :lol:
Bye!
glucklich

Re: Wentworth Miller - help!

Post by glucklich »

There is already a whole topic about this. But basically what you do is you need to:
First: Write a letter to the celebrity, in your case Wentworth Miller, and request an autograph.
Second: Send a self-addressed-stamped-envelope. If you live out of the states you can send a self-addressed-envelope along with an IRC (International Reply Coupon).
Third: You can send a picture or something you want to be signed, or you can request a photo from them.
There is more about this topic and more in depth if you look here: http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 117&t=5719
Authentic: 87 ||| PP/AP: 58 |||Authenticity Unknown: 4 ||||| Total: 149
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hello chroma! ;-)

I've received Wentworth Miller's autograph about a month ago. He sent me a black & white photo (from "Prison Break") which he signed and personalised to me. {thumb2} Here's what you need to do to get one from him too:

1. You need to decide on which address you're going to write to him at. Just use the Fanmail.biz database! Wentworth's address can be found here.

2. Write your letter. Keep it short to one page only. Celebrities do not have enough time to read pages and pages! :razz: Tell him that you love his work and why you admire him. Then, tell him about yourself, for example, your age, your occupation, your hobbies, your country, your family and friends, your pets ect. {up} Also, remember to ask for a signed photo! He will probably send you one anyway but I'd still ask.

3. You will need two envelopes:
one envelope will be used to write Wentworth's address on it. It's the one that you will put all of your stuff like you letter and photo (if you want to send one, Wentworth have photos to send to his fans though) in.
the second envelope, you write your own address on it. Wentworth will use this envelope to send you a signed photo back. {up} It is preferred that you send an IRC (International Reply Coupon - it is used to be exchanged for stamps) or US stamps along with your request as it's polite to pay for postage. Fortunately, Wentworth is known to reply if you send an envelope with your address on it only. I, for example, send him a stamped envelope, but he used his own envelope and cut out my address from my envelope I sent him.
IMPORTANT: The envelope with your address which Went will use must be at least sized 9x12" (larger than 20x25cm). If the envelope is too small, the photo won't fit in it and you won't get a reply. :(

4. Give at least a 6 + months waiting time. Wentworth gets lots of fan mail but he's a very good signer. :D If you did everything correctly, you will get your reply within this waiting time! Good luck!! {thumb2}

Hope you understand, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask! :)

Best,
Lizanne 8)
chroma
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chroma »

Thank you glücklich and Lizanne!! Really, I want to thank you for taking the time to explain it so clear to me…I was really doubtful before, I wasn’t sure of what I had to do, but now I understand perfectly how to do it thanks to you!! {thumb2} I’ll start writing the letter right now! I hope to get lucky just like you did..and, of course, congratulations for your big success!! :D

See you soon!
Love, chroma {??}

oh, and happy holidays to all of you!
glucklich

Post by glucklich »

chroma wrote:Thank you glücklich and Lizanne!! Really, I want to thank you for taking the time to explain it so clear to me…I was really doubtful before, I wasn’t sure of what I had to do, but now I understand perfectly how to do it thanks to you!! {thumb2} I’ll start writing the letter right now! I hope to get lucky just like you did..and, of course, congratulations for your big success!! :D

See you soon!
Love, chroma {??}

oh, and happy holidays to all of you!
No problem at all! Glad I could be of help!
Authentic: 87 ||| PP/AP: 58 |||Authenticity Unknown: 4 ||||| Total: 149