Envelopes

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Kells90
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Envelopes

Post by Kells90 »

Hi! Okay, so I'm new at this and I realize these are fairly stupid questions. I was wondering, which size of envelope is it best to send if you want to get an autographed picture back? So then you probably have to send like two evelopes of the same size right? One with your request, and the other self addressed.
Here's the embarrasing question ( :oops: ): Where do you get the envelopes? I know you can get them in some stores but for like the bigger ones? Just the post office?

Thanks!
Kelly

PS: I'm glad I found this site, it's already helped me out a lot :D
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Envelopes

Post by BossC »

Welcome to this site Kelly! {up}

Envelopes: here is what I do.

I get a 9X12 (inches) envelope (I buy 6 or 25 count in a pack at Wal-Mart-they are by the regular envelopes). That is what I use as my self- addressed envelope. I fold it in half, then in half again and put it in a 5X7 (also bought at Wal-Mart) with my letter and address the 5X7 to the celebrity.

Hope that helps! {up} If you have any more questions, feel free to pm me or post!

BossC
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Atomic ant »

Hi.

That's very good info {up} but where the post comes from only work in Metric. So the appox size would be:

23x30 cms which, you can fold to fit into a 12x18 cm envelope, this is the size of envelope, that you send to the celeb.

All sizes above are appox, as it's converting from inchers to centimeters {thumb2} {thumb2}

I hope this helps, everyone who does not work, with the UK and US measurements.

Siggy and Avatar by Hangman.
danny2010

Post by danny2010 »

i use 9x12in or 23x30cm(is that correct?) envelopes and fold it into 3 and place it into a legal size envelope
i get all of my envelope either at the dollar store or in bulk for really cheap at the office supplies store
{star} Check out my entire collection: http://danielsautos.webs.com/ {star}
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

Atomic ant wrote:Hi.

That's very good info {up} but where the post comes from only work in Metric.
Thanks Atomic ant!

I didn't even think to check where the poster was from :oops:

BossC
Kells90
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Kells90 »

Thanks for the info, guys and BossC, don't worry about the inches thing, I could've converted it myself but thanks Atomic Ant for doing it for me, lol :D
Smuck
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Smuck »

I do it the expensive way (or atleast my mom says it is..HAHA!) and get 2 boxes of envelopes; one is size 10x13 (I believe) and the other is 9x12. I write my address on the smaller one and shove it in the bigger one with my letter.
Skye

Post by Skye »

I just take a 9x12 envelope and fold it in half and put it in another 9x12 envelope...
Image Image Image Image Image
Latest Request:
Latest Success:
Favorite Success: