I'm so mad!!

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
The Hunter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I'm so mad!!

Post by The Hunter »

Hello my friends:

I am a member of Fanmail.biz since february and I received severals responses from celebrities. Also, I sent a lot of fanmail letters, only letters, or with SAEs and IRCs, emails to studiofanmail and celebrity merchandise, etc. But nothing has arrive since september 12, 2007. Nothing from studiofanmail and CM., nothing from other celebrities. I checked the feedback forum and I was surprised when I saw that the celebrities have sent responses to other fans who have written on the same day as me. And I still do not get anything. I know that I am from Chile and that it's a foreign country, but I think that is too much. I start to think that the postman or mailman is stealing my letters, but I can not make this accusation if I am not sure.

Oh God, what a tragedy. And now I am afraid to send more letters, it's a waste of time or a "gift" for the postman.

Oh my friends I need help!! What I must supposed to do?
The Hunter
The Hunter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: I'm so f*cking mad!!

Post by The Hunter »

Manu80 wrote:Try sending something to a celebrity and include a relative’s address? If it turns up then you have gotten a success and a stronger case against your postman if that’s the problem.
That is a very good idea, but I must be sure that the celebrity is going to reply.

Thanks for the support Manu80!
The Hunter
dgangel

Re: I'm so mad!!

Post by dgangel »

Two to three months isn't really that long of a wait, especially being that you're in a foreign country.
Just be patient {up}
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hello The Hunter! ;-)

I agree with dgangel. {thumb2} I'm sure you'll receive it soon, you just have to be patient! {up} I know seeing others getting successes except you can be very frustrating! :roll: I've had many problems like that and a month later than the others I got my autograph... :razz: If you don't get your autograph after 6 months + (depending on who you wrote to) I suggest re-sending your request. ;-)

Good luck!! :D
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

You just need to be patient. I haven't had a success for about 3 weeks now (living in the UK) and have written off for a few autographs in October.
citrusgirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by citrusgirl »

I noticed you wrote what you send. You did not mention SASEs. Maybe you should send those. They should increase your rate.
Latest Success: Sophie Oda
Latest Request: Selena Gomez
Personalized Authentics: 12
Un-personalized Authentics: 5
Pre-Prints: 6
Total: 23
hangman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hangman »

Patience is KEY in this hobby!
Also as citrusgirl has pointed out, sending SASE's or IRC's speed up the whole process :razz:

Hope you get your requests back ;-)
Isn't it time for a new siggy?? Visit HANGMAN'S GRAPHICS SHOP today!

{star} My site: http://www.freewebs.com/lanod/ {star} You can contact me with any questions here: hangman@fanmail.biz {star} Image ^siggy made by me
capsboy1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capsboy1 »

hangman wrote:Patience is KEY in this hobby!
Also as citrusgirl has pointed out, sending SASE's or IRC's speed up the whole process :razz:

Hope you get your requests back ;-)
Hangman's right. Patience is key. I collected before joining fanmail, and once I sent a letter to Tiger woods, and I thought I would get it back in 1 month-3 months. It took 4 years! (Btw, he didn't send me an autograph, he just sent this photo of him. No signature.) Try writing to someone in the U.S or somewhere by email that replies usually fast. If it doesn't come fairly fast, you should report the postman.

Credit goes to me for this sweet-sweet sig!
The Hunter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by The Hunter »

Thanks for the help my friends. I already sent an email to Robbie Coltrane, It seems that he sends quick responses. I can't sent SASE's because I asked at the post office and they said that I would send just IRC's.

Another thing that really bothers me is that the celebrities, some of them send the responses with the name of them in a corner of the envelope, or like Studiofanmail o Celebrity Merch that said "do not bend, photograph inside" on the envelope. Then the postman knows that in the envelopes there are photos of celebrities and has the chance to steal.

I hope that this situation get better.

Thanks for the support.
The Hunter
The Hunter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by The Hunter »

Well, it's me again. Nothing yet. No letters, no autographs, no failures. I'm so mad!
The Hunter