Voting proceedure

Trash
nowandagain

Re: scouser#1

Post by nowandagain »

TheCollector wrote:The idea is that it will make the voting system a lot quicker, because there should only be about 10-12 people to vote each time, and since the voting will be cast by their own teams it should be more constructive than the current system where if most people are voting no, everybody else votes the same way!!!
It's pretty clear to me Ian :D

Before I start a poll in the Moderators forum, you mention above that there should only be about 10-12 people to vote each time.

I assume that's simply admin, yourself, team leader and the moderators who make up the team. With each team having a maximum of 5 moderators (excluding team leader), is there anyone else who should be voting?

nowandagain [rockon]
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Voting proceedure

Post by TheCollector »

Hi nowandagain {up}

Ideally it should be your whole team: yourself, your Moderators and your Trainees.

However, not everybody will be available to vote all the time (depending on other committments) so providing most of your team vote it should be OK. Basically if the global mod is happy, and most of the mods are, then that is fine ;-) :D

Cheers,
Ian :mrgreen:
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

TheCollector wrote:If an Admin is approached by a Trainee, then they will (in all probability) set up a poll for that person in the Moderators Forum
TheCollector wrote:Ideally it should be your whole team: yourself, your Moderators and your Trainees.
Hi Ian :D

Another question - if we're supposed to be posting a poll in the Moderators forum (as you have mentioned in an earlier post) how are the trainees supposed to vote?

nowandagain [rockon]
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Hi nowandagain {up}

I think the only way round it will be to set up a duplicate poll for each vote in the Trainees Forum. In fact it might be a good thing anyway as it will give the Trainees the opportunity to get use the voting polls before they become full Moderators.

The most important votes will be those from the Global Moderator and the other full Moderators in the Team, but I think it only fair to involve the Trainees in the vote as well, if only to get their views and to judge their maturity ;-)

Hope this is OK :D

cernan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cernan »

Just a quick question. I noticed that a member from rpbluesman's group is requesting to be an Autograph Expert. I know that normally I wouldn't vote in the poll as I'm not the member's team leader, but because he's applying for Autograph Expert-ship, and I'm the team leader of the A.E.'s, do should I vote or not?
cernan@fanmail.biz
Feel Free to PM or Email me with any questions or comments!
I will try to answer as soon as possible although that may not always be possible due to my busy schedule.
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

That's a good question cernan. Andy is also asking to become an Autograph expert (I'm just about to start a poll for him). It might actually be a good idea for you to vote too, but lets see what admin or Ian says.

nowandagain [rockon]
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

Well what I did was post a cmment in Andy's poll but I didn't vote. I think that's what we should do. If a Global feels a good comment to add, then I think they should add
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

cernan wrote:Just a quick question. I noticed that a member from rpbluesman's group is requesting to be an Autograph Expert. I know that normally I wouldn't vote in the poll as I'm not the member's team leader, but because he's applying for Autograph Expert-ship, and I'm the team leader of the A.E.'s, do should I vote or not?

Hi Cernan {up}

Yes, when votes are relating to Auto Experts, I would be grateful if you would please vote {thumb2}

Cheers,
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

Sorry if this has already been asked but when can someone ask to become a mod? How often can they ask? How many weeks/months apart? What if there are new board members who want to become a mod? Any rules on that?

Fatima xxx
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FatimaDenmark wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked but when can someone ask to become a mod? How often can they ask? How many weeks/months apart? What if there are new board members who want to become a mod? Any rules on that?

Fatima xxx
They can ask every 2 months :)

Happy new year everyone :mrgreen:

Fanmail 8)