My thoughts go to affected Londoners

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

My thoughts go to affected Londoners

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Admin,

I hope you don't mind me posting this here, but I didn't know where else would be appropriate on the forum.

Following the news of the horrific explosions in London this morning I would just like to offer my sincere thoughts to those directly affected. I spend quite a lot of my working life in London, and quite regularly in the areas affected.

Having just heard Tony Blair speak from the G8 it is now confirmed as a terrorist attack. The BBC have received an email purportedly from Al Qaeda which appears to be taking responsibility. This is still not confirmed though.

Local London hospitals have reported serious casualties numbering in excess of 100, but ever increasing. Hundreds of injured are still reported to be trapped on the underground (subway).

Once again, my thoughts and prayers go to the innocent dead and injured.

Ian
barmy_army008

Post by barmy_army008 »

I agree - my thoughts are with those effected.

You never think it will happen somewhere near you until it actually does.
CollectingforMaggies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CollectingforMaggies »

living in london, about 20mins away from the centre, the scene is like a movie. the buses were emptied an hour ago, with total confusion reigning. i used to lve next to kings x and would pass through there daily en route to work, its scary when it hits you like this.

the important thing is that we will not lie down. we do not run and hide. g8 must go on, the world is not going to accept this.

8 men...1 room...can change the world...

my thoughts go to all those affected, families and friends,

Robin, London, UK
Where would we be
A thousand lost forevers
And the promises you never were giving me
Here's what I'm thinking...
Emma
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Emma »

My thoughts and prayers are with all those effected.

The only reason my sister wasn't on the tube this morning was because she overslept, I hate to think what could have happened.
Debs eleven
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Debs eleven »

We live about 7 miles away from these shameful acts of terrorism; it is really hard to believe that people could do this to innocent people on their way to work; there are kids who have lost parents; and parents that have lost children today. I am absolutely horrified.
luvleasianangel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by luvleasianangel »

Emma wrote:My thoughts and prayers are with all those effected.
same here. I'm still in shock from hearing the news.
Denham
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Denham »

My prayers go out to the family and friends of those affected.

I haven't heard from my friends in town yet :(
blitzkreig
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by blitzkreig »

Yes. I agree too. It was an inevitable incident that happened. I feel for all those people who had lost their loved ones, and for those who got injured, severely or not, that this ordeal may not affect the whole of their lives.

I, myself, feel lucky that I had never experienced this moment- how ironic it is that this day was the day when we were supposed to be holding a welcome party to Seb Co's team for winning the bid to host the 2012 Olimpics. It had been overshadowed by people who were utterly despicable and have pityless hearts.
Ashley364
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ashley364 »

My thoughts go out to every single innocent soul, involved in this horrible crime. I am... speechless. I feel so sorry... We are powerless, really. I wonder what's happening to the world.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Same here. I'm deeply sad and shocked. My thoughts are with those effected.

Fanmail :|