I have a question

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
BethfromEngland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I have a question

Post by BethfromEngland »

I have a question.Unless you get a return to sender,do you definetly get a response to the letter you've sent ?
crystal815

Re: I have a question

Post by crystal815 »

Not always. Some could get lost in the mail, some celebrities dont sign period, etc.
It's always best to check here for feedback listed for the person you are trying to send to. That way you'll have a better guess at what you will receive, if anything at all.
Check out my website at http://crystal815.webs.com to view all successes. See one you like? Shoot me and offer!
glucklich

Post by glucklich »

Yeah, your best bet would be to do the following:
Find someone you want to write to, then check the Feedback section to see if there is any feedback from that person. You could see then, if people have only gotten RTS's from them or if they have gotten successes. Most of the time, also, to ensure you get a response is to send an SASE along with your letter. You can also ask various users what they sent along with their letter when they got a response.
But watch out, most A-List celebrities such as Leonardo DiCaprio, Gwen Stefani, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears etc. don't sign if you send them a letter to their address. To get them you should send to a venue address for them, and send something to sign along with an SASE. But you may not get a response at all even if you do do the following.
But the worst thing is that most people automatically assume that if they write a letter and send it off a week later they'll get an autograph. It doesn't always happen that way, actually 9 times out of 10 it never happens that way. You may never get a response from them, or you may wait a year and then some and perhaps an envelope will come in the mail from them.
Best of Luck Collecting! I hope the above helped and answered your question.
Authentic: 87 ||| PP/AP: 58 |||Authenticity Unknown: 4 ||||| Total: 149
BethfromEngland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Thank you

Because i am from England,i sent a self addressed envelope along with my letter,but didnt put any stamps on it.The reason for this is i had to have my letter weighed so that the people at the post office would know how many stamps to put it on it for it to go to the U.S.A,and i dont know what kind of stamps you need to send a letter from the U.S.A to here.I hope i will still get a response anyway.I have written to people in the U.S.A before and they have sent letters with their own stamps on the envelope.I also havent had to pay to receive a letter from the u.s.a.You dont need to do that here.
I also dont have any photos of the actors i wrote to,so i am hoping they have some of their own that they can send.I have written to other famous people and they have sent the ones they have.
x Pirates-Fan x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x Pirates-Fan x »

I'm also from England and heres what I do (I mail most of my letters to the USA)-

1. Find the celeb I'm planning on writing to in the database and check their feedback.
2. If it seems like a fairly good chance, write a letter.
3. Place the letter in C5 envalope.
4. Take a C4 envalope write my address on it and put a few IRC's or USD in it.
5. Fold the C4 envalope into quaters and place it inside the C5 envalope with my letter.
6. Write the celebs address on the front of the C5 envalope.
7. Take it to the post office and mail it.

To send a letter like this it generally costs £1.12 to send it, but then you have to add the cost of the IRC's (£1 each) or USD (check the exchange rate ( http://www.xe.com ).
I find it gives you a better chance of replys if you pay for the return postage and I'm sure many other collectors would agree with me.
Hope this helps you,

x Pirates-Fan x
BethfromEngland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I wrote to Brad Greenquist.He has been in some films and tv shows.I havent had a return to sender but hopefully it has got there.I wrote my address on the back of the envelope too,aswell as on the SAE ,so that it could get sent back to me if it was return to sender.I am also going to write to corey feldman

So the only thing i hadnt done was put any stamps in for them to post something back.
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Atomic ant »

Hi. I too am from england.

If your sending to the USA you will need to send.

3X IRC, with your S.A.E. (you absolutely must)

Never send english stamps or anything else to the USA.

Celebs get sackloads of mail a day, they simply cannot afford the postage.

Dont worry noone made more mistake then me, but now I get 1-2 replys a week.

Your get loads back as well {thumb2}

Siggy and Avatar by Hangman.
BethfromEngland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I dont know what to do,i already sent it