UK postage strike

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Thumper

UK postage strike

Post by Thumper »

When does the UK postage strike end?
It's a right bummer "/
sj93
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: UK postage strike

Post by sj93 »

on a notice by my post office it says it is expected to end at 3am tommorow
Credit to Manu80 for the amazing siggy
"I once fell in love with a crab on the beach. It was called Crab" Dougie Poynter
http://sjsautographs.fpic.co.uk - Visit my autograph site
Credit to hangman for the banner on my site {thumb2}
adamhoward1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by adamhoward1 »

Some people have recived post today and yesterday, but thats only becasue there post office isnt taking part. This one ends tommorrow, but dont get your hopes up on reciveing post :?. It will take a minium of 1 month before they catch up on these 2 days :(.But this is only the start, they are doing a 2 day strike every week until they get what they want!

Hope that helps!
Nammzi
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nammzi »

adamhoward1 wrote:Some people have recived post today and yesterday, but thats only becasue there post office isnt taking part. This one ends tommorrow, but dont get your hopes up on reciveing post :?. It will take a minium of 1 month before they catch up on these 2 days :(.But this is only the start, they are doing a 2 day strike every week until they get what they want!

Hope that helps!
Oh God x.x We are still getting post because the post offices where I live aren't on strike, but if I want to end to other places, then there is no hope :( Which sucks because I have a package which I need to send via venu in the next week or so!!
Here comes the world and she is beautifully mysterious

http://scottishspca.fotopic.net/
scouser#1

Post by scouser#1 »

i havent received post as my post office is taking part, they are planning another 48 hour strike next week, i wish they would just pay them what they want so that we can get autographs, i need to send vv sometime soon and i think im doomed with that now
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I'm writing off to My Chem Romance soon via venue :O
I'll have to send it on the 20th or something to make sure it goes there

Thanks for the replies, the postage system is really screwed
Nammzi
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nammzi »

scouser#1 wrote:i havent received post as my post office is taking part, they are planning another 48 hour strike next week, i wish they would just pay them what they want so that we can get autographs, i need to send vv sometime soon and i think im doomed with that now
I'm the same :( I have it all packaged and ready to send, just waiting for a good day to send it. I am worried that if I end it in the middle of all of this strike business it will be more likely to get lost :(
Here comes the world and she is beautifully mysterious

http://scottishspca.fotopic.net/
x Pirates-Fan x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x Pirates-Fan x »

I'm so annoyed by this, I know the post people want something but isn't there any way the could strike without messing with the post and all the almost all the people in the country?

x Pirates-Fan x
glucklich

Post by glucklich »

Sorry to hear about the strike. That's terrible. 2 days every week? That's crazy...I suppose I won't be sending to The UK anytime soon.
Authentic: 87 ||| PP/AP: 58 |||Authenticity Unknown: 4 ||||| Total: 149
spellbound
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spellbound »

Yeah this strike is driving me crazy ! I have just started collecting for charity when they decide to strike! Had one fanmail response today but first post the household has had in about 3 days, all post will be slow for ages now probably. Even when they go back to work they will be extremely behind.
Very annoying!
Check out my site : http://rosiesautos.webs.com/

!!!!!!!!!!!!!Harry Potter obsessed !!!!!!!!! Deathly hallows best book in the world ! truly genius !

Favourite success : JKR !!!!!!!!!