Daniel Radcliffe, Nikki Blonsky - December Boys premiere

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
nowandagain

Daniel Radcliffe, Nikki Blonsky - December Boys premiere

Post by nowandagain »

Hi everyone :D

Yesterday I decided to go to the premiere of Daniel Radcliffe's new film December Boys, which was held at the Rivoli Cinemas here in Melbourne.

I arrived at about 2:30pm (from newspaper reports Daniel was supposed to arrive at 5:30pm, but flyers handed out had the premiere time as 4:45pm) ... and realised just how many dedicated Daniel Radcliffe / Harry Potter fans there were!! By the time I arrived, all the places at the front of the barrier were already taken, and I was forced into a third-row position :?. However, in the midst of waiting for so long, I was eventually able to get a second-row position, which wasn't too bad.

The only thing was, after attending my first premiere I was expecting many fans to turn up, but I didn't realise how many people actually did end up attending!! There were so many fans there that eventually I couldn't really move from my position as so many others had crowded up behind me as time went on until he arrived! It was so busy that one girl actually fainted before Daniel arrived, and a few kids had to be plucked from the crowd as everyone started to push forward when the stars did get to the red carpet. The security guards had to keep telling us all to step back a bit as they pushed the barriers back, because everyone tried to get a glimpse of Daniel and the rest of the stars as they passed.

Fortunately, despite all this I did manage to get a total of 4 autographs: Daniel's, Nikki Blonsky (who was in town attending the premiere of Hairspray with Zac Efron on Friday - I couldn't go), Alan Fletcher (from Neighbours) and Bobby Morley (from Home and Away).

I also did manage to get a photo with Alan, but I won't post it here.

This is a photo taken from a Herald Sun article on the event. I'm definitely in this photo ... somewhere (I think I'm somewhere near the security guard behind the cinema usher on the right hand side). I guess you could understand how packed the red carpet was ...

Autographs (sorry about the terrible pictures):

Daniel Radcliffe

Nikki Blonsky

Alan Fletcher

Bobby Morley

Photos - unfortunately as everyone kept trying to push forward I couldn't really take many good photos. I had my camera on zoom at one stage and didn't realise it, other times I'd accidentally push a button I shouldn't be (such as the self-timer) and as everyone kept pushing I wasn't able to get many clear shots. Anyway, here they are:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

nowandagain [rockon]
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Daniel Radcliffe, Nikki Blonsky - December Boys premiere

Post by superletterfan »

UNBELIEVEABLE! I didn't even know Daniel Radcliffe is coming, otherwise, i would come to Melb as well.
Did he come to Sydney as well?
Never Give Up!
afem1010

Post by afem1010 »

Brilliant success mate! I see Dan's handwriting is getting messier by the premier lol. I don't blame him, he has got ALOT of fans. Congrats again on your success. I really like the event shots you got.
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superletterfan »

i just found the Sydney one is today, but too late, do not have time to go there.... :? :shock: :( Why there is no news about this before......
Never Give Up!
Sai
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sai »

Awsome success! Great pics and auto's you are sooo lucky! I was filming a short film at the time but didn't know it was on anyway. How did you find out!? And about the hairspray film too?
Im actually glad I didn't go cause Im not really a fan of Daniel so it would have been silly, but also I think I'd freak out with that many people going nutts and pushing! I'd be so scared!

Anyway awsome success! :D
My Autograph Web Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/sai_q

R.I.P. Heath...Will always miss you
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Thanks for your replies everyone!!
superletterfan wrote:i just found the Sydney one is today, but too late, do not have time to go there....
Sorry you couldn't go (it was definitely tonight) :?. It probably would have been as packed as it was at the Melbourne premiere though ...
Sai wrote:How did you find out!? And about the hairspray film too?
I read a short article about the premieres last Thursday in the Herald Sun (a Melbourne newspaper).
Sai wrote:Im actually glad I didn't go cause Im not really a fan of Daniel so it would have been silly, but also I think I'd freak out with that many people going nutts and pushing! I'd be so scared!
When I actually arrived almost 3 hours early it was already pretty busy and I was actually considering leaving and going home, but since I'd travelled all the way there I decided to stay. I was quite suprised at how many people did turn up in the end ... and luckily I arrived early enough to secure an OK position, it also helped that I was a little taller than some of the people who were in front of me ...

nowandagain [rockon]
Tom_Cruise_Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tom_Cruise_Fan »

Hi nowandagain

Very cool success,, I'd love to attend a premiere once but they are all too far away..:(
Nice pics,, well done!!:D

Tom
http://tom149.fotopic.net

Barbossa: How the blazes did you get off that island?
Jack Sparrow: When you marooned me on that god forsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing, mate: I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

Great success and lovely pictures :) Congrats!

Fatima xxx
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Thanks for your replies Tom and Fatima :wink:

nowandagain [rockon]