Flooding SFM??

Autographed pictures received from Studio Fan Mail and Celebrity Merchandise. Post your feedback here.
Gus

Flooding SFM??

Post by Gus »

Ok so I was bored one day, so I decided I would get all the studio fanmail people e-mailed. They're really quick and easy preprints, so I thought why not. I only got confirmation e-mails from about 3 or 4 people. I sent all of the e-mails in a span of about 10 minutes. Anyway, my question is; Does sending mass requests in such a short amount of time hurt your chances of getting stuff from SFM?
Thanks, Gus
Pat93
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Flooding SFM??

Post by Pat93 »

Gus wrote: I sent all of the e-mails in a span of about 10 minutes. Anyway, my question is; Does sending mass requests in such a short amount of time hurt your chances of getting stuff from SFM?
Thanks, Gus
Hi,
I've tried it one time,but only 5 requests in a span of I think 20 minutes
and I've never gotten an autograph.
In my opinion it doesn't only hurts your chance,it stops the possibility to get anything.

Don't worry,
try it a second time,but wait till you get something and then send the next request,that should work!

Hope I could help you,
kind regards,
Patrick
Favourite Autographs:
Millvina Dean,youngest Titanic survivor;David Bradley; Maggie Smith; Michael Gambon; Alan Rickman, Geoffrey Rush
Gus

Post by Gus »

hey thanks man I appreciate the advice. I've never done SFM before. I usually try for authentics. But they're really easy to get, so I thought, What the heck? lol
glucklich

Post by glucklich »

Well actually I sent like 20 requests in 15 minutes once and I've gotten them all. I don't like pre-prints but conformation emails don't mean a thing because I've only gotten a conformation email once, maybe twice.
Authentic: 87 ||| PP/AP: 58 |||Authenticity Unknown: 4 ||||| Total: 149
matskulainen
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by matskulainen »

Yes that can happen :D . You should only send like 3-5 requests per day to SFM. But as hilarynegus said, if you are VERY lucky, the person on the SFM computer gives mercy and sends you all the requested autos.

Good luck trying!

:D ;-) Matskulainen 8) {thumb2}
TheDonger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheDonger »

I sent about 30 requests in about 15 minutes. I got all but about 8 now, most on the same day. I got 1 confirmation email (Jessica Beil).
Most recent success:Milla Jovovich
Collection Count:
Star Wars: 18
KOTOR 1&2: 5
NFL: 50
LOST: 5
All: 113
ferchikaos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ferchikaos »

i sent almost 20 requests in less than an hour..and so far..i got 4 pps already...and in different times..the first one i got it a month later..and the other 3...almost 2 months later and not in the same day..so..i dont think it´s a problem...but..how knows...right?
chriscollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chriscollector »

I sent to all 120 selebs they handle. I have had 2 success dates so far. 2 months later I got 25, and just today another 15. The thing is they come in alphabetical order, adn the handwriting on the envelopes is mostly all different. I got from A through J, and today was O thorugh W and one B. I think they do it alphabeticaly, or whatever order they place their photograph order, and the way it is recieved determines your arrivals. Now it has been almost 4 months and 45 have arived. Only 85 more. Actually I hate pre prints, but they will be cool gifts for Christmas, lighten the financial burden of the Holidays. Keep your hopes up, this is a hobby of extreme patience. Some people recieve a success well past 3 years !!!
Smuck
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Smuck »

I've sent to about..30-50 SFM people with not a response yet. It's hardly been 2 weeks, and I just finished e-mailing a ton more of them.

I actually DESPISE PPs and APs, especially if I waste an SASE on them. I always try to check feedback first. But SFM is an exception for me. They make -great- Christmas gifts, I'm able to please many of my friends, and please myself when I find an SFM envelope in my mailbox..

I'll be sending to the rest of the clients soon!
fallen_angel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by fallen_angel »

I have sent a bunch of e-mails to studio fan mail at one time. I think it was like 5 request in one day... but I got my photos from them.. they got a lil bent though =[

Personolized= 4
Authentic=5
pp=5
autopen=1