Charity Successes!

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
Logan-Autograph-Guy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Charity Successes!

Post by Logan-Autograph-Guy »

Do you send SASEs with all your requests?
Did you send any via email?

Thanks
Most Recently Requested: Kate Winslet, Sara Paxton, Henry Ian Cusick, Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci, Samuel Alito, Roseanne Barr, Colin Powell, Regis Philbin, Liv Tyler, Kate Winslet (2nd for charity), Newt Gingrich, John Glenn, Cheryl Hines, Justin Chambers, Madison Pettis, "Wicked" cast, "Beauty and the Beast" cast
Last Autograph Received: Richard Russo (auction)
Last In-Person Autograph: Diane Sawyer
My Favorite Autograph: Amanda Bynes
Logan-Autograph-Guy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Logan-Autograph-Guy »

Do you send SASEs with all your requests?
Did you send any via email?

Thanks
Most Recently Requested: Kate Winslet, Sara Paxton, Henry Ian Cusick, Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci, Samuel Alito, Roseanne Barr, Colin Powell, Regis Philbin, Liv Tyler, Kate Winslet (2nd for charity), Newt Gingrich, John Glenn, Cheryl Hines, Justin Chambers, Madison Pettis, "Wicked" cast, "Beauty and the Beast" cast
Last Autograph Received: Richard Russo (auction)
Last In-Person Autograph: Diane Sawyer
My Favorite Autograph: Amanda Bynes
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Logan-Autograph-Guy {up}

Yes, I ALWAYS send out SASE's or SAE's and IRC's with every request. I have done tests both ways, and the response rate is tons better if you pay the return postage, even for charity.

I have received some after requesting by email, but on the whole ( for me anyway ;-) ) I only tend to have much success that way if I already know the person, and I use a private email address.

Hope this helps,
Ian :mrgreen:
-Lil1-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by -Lil1- »

Hi Ian, Fantastic Success, I have a question for you. I was wondering... All these pictures you get to send to famous people on fanmail, where do you purchase them from? As at the moment im looking for quite a few but i cant find them anywhere to buy, and i really need a few pictures to send to famous people as without a picture I doubt i'll be successfull.
If you are able to let me know-send me a message.
Many Thanks
-Lil1-
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Lil1 {up}

Most of the time I do not send photos out, they tend to be supplied by the celebs ;-)

When I do send one out, I either buy it from somewhere like http://www.allposters.co.uk or I find an image I like on the internet, and get it printed online or at a store. 99 times out of 100 I have had no problems, however, the store is quite within its rights to refuse printing if they believe to do so would infringe copyright.

Hope this helps!
Ian :mrgreen:
*-Joanne-*
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by *-Joanne-* »

Hi

Wow that is a great list of celebs that signed, i am starting to collect for a local auction for a charity and i was wondering if you know if Rupert grint signs for charitys?? i have just sent one off to daniel radcliffe fingers crossed that he will sign and jason isaac but i have heard that he rarely signs dont know if thats true and others hoping to get some success it would be great for the charity, also another question if you dont mind if i send harry potter requests to leavsden studios address as they are filming at the moment am i likely to get more success than the other addresses?

hope you can help

thanks

x