Matt Damon (et al) - The Bourne Ultimatum Premiere

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
nowandagain

Matt Damon (et al) - The Bourne Ultimatum Premiere

Post by nowandagain »

Hi everyone :D

Like Sai, I also attended the Bourne Ultimatum premiere last night (8/8/2007). It was my first red carpet premiere I attended and also the first time I went to try and get some IP autographs!

I was so excited as Matt is my favourite actor {??}, but unfortunately due to other commitments I was unable to arrive as early as I'd liked to. I arrived at the Rivoli Cinemas around 5:50pm (Matt was due to arrive at 6:30pm) and was not able to get a spot at the front of the barriers (I was in the second row).

However, despite this I was lucky enough to be able to get a photo and autograph from Matt while he was on the red carpet {??}. I remember asking him for an autograph and photo, and I remember him replying back "Yeah, sure" or something very similar to that. His reply and the fact that I managed to get a photo and autograph really made my day!!

I was also able to get a few autographs from celebrities who had turned up to the red carpet too:

- Stephen Curry (I also got a photo with him)
- Paul Mercurio
- Martin Sacks
- Rove McManus
- Livinia Nixon (I also got a photo with her too)

I'm not going to post pictures of me with Matt, Stephen or Livinia as I don't really like to post pics of myself online, but here's some pictures from the premiere (Sai, you might see yourself [or roughly where you are] in one of these photos):

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Autographs:

I had a silver sharpie with me, but unfortunately Matt was holding a blue sharpie and used it to sign my photo. Obviously he was in a rush and just happened to sign on the dark part of the photo. Still, he is my favourite actor and was on my "most wanted" list of authentic autographs ... so I'm still very happy to finally have an authentic autograph. I do apologise for the terrible photography for the autographs, but I've also attached a (rather) blurry photo trying to show you how the autograph looks like.

Stephen Curry

Paul Mercurio

Martin Sacks (not sure if the autograph is the right way up)

Rove McManus

Livinia Nixon

I probably wasn't expecting to be able to meet and get so many autographs ... especially as it was my first red carpet experience and the fact that I didn't know who would be attending other than Matt. Overall a great night and like Sai, also managed to score a lovely Bourne Ultimatum movie poster to take home (the security guard was really nice) :wink:

nowandagain [rockon]
jimmymac
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Matt Damon (et al) - The Bourne Ultimatum Premiere

Post by jimmymac »

WOW!! well done there - you did well, especially with the time you got there. I'm hoping to go to a premiere sometime this year :)
afem1010

Post by afem1010 »

Brilliant success mate {thumb2}
Sai
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sai »

What a fantastic success! Congradulations nowandagian!
And guess what I am in two pics...sort of lol! In the first and second pic in the second row you can see my red hair. That's my friend Karen's camera he is holding (she's on my left), and in the last pic on the first row you can see my hand holding up a camera (I have a blue denim jean jacked on) lmao! That's really made my day! I mean i know you can't see my face, but I can show my friends that he was actually right in front of me! You can see how short I am though. everyone around me is so much taller! lol. And look how big Matt is too me, and I was standing on higher ground than him! (and my friend Karen was standing in the gutter so she looks shorter than she is lol) :lol: :lol: :lol: THANKS NOWANDAGAIN THAT'S MADE MY FEEL A LOT BETTER! :D
And you took some great photos! And those are some great autographs! I have only seen Paul Mecurio in person once before, that was outside a flower show, lol. But my friend and I didn't want to disturb him :)
Really fantastic work!

Oh and note to self- The photos of Matt being interviewed are of those reporters who caused me not to get a photo with him! I know what you look like.... :mad: lol

P.S. And you can see why I was mad about missing out. Matt was standing right in front of me and I still didn't get anythign signed or a photo! I mean is that bad luck or what!? :lol:

Congradulations again! Great sucess!
My Autograph Web Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/sai_q

R.I.P. Heath...Will always miss you
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

Fantastic success, nowandagain!!!! :mrgreen:

You are quite lucky to have met Matt. As is Sai. I have heard he is just wonderful in person and I really hope to meet him when he's here in Toronto in September!! I really like the pictures you took and the autograph you got of Matt. Unfortunate that he signed in a dark spot, but that happens when celebs are n a rush and aren't really paying attention as long as they're signing something for you! :lol: That's awesome you were able to meet some others as well as get some autographs!
Sai wrote:P.S. And you can see why I was mad about missing out. Matt was standing right in front of me and I still didn't get anythign signed or a photo! I mean is that bad luck or what!? :lol:
Awwww!!! That reminds me of last year at a premiere here in Toronto and Mark Ruffalo got out of his car on our side practically right in front of us (Chrissy and I) and he signed for everyone...those holding out things above me, beside me, etc...and missed me! :lol: I think it's ironic.. Although I took a lovely pic of him getting out of the car, so I suppose it makes up for the missing autograph.

Larisie :D
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

Sai
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sai »

premiere here in Toronto and Mark Ruffalo got out of his car on our side practically right in front of us (Chrissy and I) and he signed for everyone...those holding out things above me, beside me, etc...and missed me! I think it's ironic.. Although I took a lovely pic of him getting out of the car, so I suppose it makes up for the missing autograph.
Wow! That's terrible too :( well its nice to know it just doesn't happen to me :lol: And your right, i think seeing them and metting them and getting pics of them is even better than getting an autograph, although its always nice to have all ;) :lol:
My Autograph Web Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/sai_q

R.I.P. Heath...Will always miss you
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

Sai wrote:Wow! That's terrible too :( well its nice to know it just doesn't happen to me :lol: And your right, i think seeing them and metting them and getting pics of them is even better than getting an autograph, although its always nice to have all ;) :lol:
Yeah, so no worries, you're not the only one! :wink: hehe [agree]
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

loveryan

Post by loveryan »

Congrats!!
You´re so lucky!!
Matt is so hot and he´s very nice with his fans :D
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superletterfan »

Just wondering whose those "Celebs". Are they Australian celebs? There were many "famous" people as well in Sydney. I have no idea who they are (probably due to i do not watch TV). In Sydney, all the people are on the other side of the street (we are separate from those reporters). But i think even those people do come to our side, i will not really interested in their autos as i hardly know their names.
Never Give Up!
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Thank you for your replies jimmymac, afem1010, Sai, Larisie, Angela, Eugenia and superletterfan :D

I still feel quite honoured to meet him and get his autograph ... he is such a lovely guy and my favourite actor {love}
Sai wrote:And guess what I am in two pics...sort of lol! In the first and second pic in the second row you can see my red hair. That's my friend Karen's camera he is holding (she's on my left), and in the last pic on the first row you can see my hand holding up a camera (I have a blue denim jean jacked on) lmao! That's really made my day! I mean i know you can't see my face, but I can show my friends that he was actually right in front of me! You can see how short I am though. everyone around me is so much taller! lol. And look how big Matt is too me, and I was standing on higher ground than him! (and my friend Karen was standing in the gutter so she looks shorter than she is lol) :lol: :lol: :lol: THANKS NOWANDAGAIN THAT'S MADE MY FEEL A LOT BETTER! :D
:wink:

Hey, at least you kind of got a photo with Matt then :lol:. Granted, you didn't quite get the photos that you wanted, but it's great that there's now PROOF you were there and sooooooo close to him!!
Sai wrote:And you took some great photos!
Thank you {up}
Larisie wrote:I really hope to meet him when he's here in Toronto in September!! I really like the pictures you took and the autograph you got of Matt.
Thanks Larisie :). Good luck meeting him in September, I hope you're successful (*fingers crossed*)!
superletterfan wrote:Just wondering whose those "Celebs". Are they Australian celebs? There were many "famous" people as well in Sydney. I have no idea who they are (probably due to i do not watch TV). In Sydney, all the people are on the other side of the street (we are separate from those reporters). But i think even those people do come to our side, i will not really interested in their autos as i hardly know their names.
All the other autographs I managed to get are from are Australian celebrities. I didn't recognise every Australian celebrity who walked the red carpet that night, but was lucky enough to get the attention of a few of them that I knew. I also missed many other celebrities that I recognised, mainly because some just walked straight past and it was a bit late to call out to them ... and others I just missed altogether :?.

I think one of the reasons I was able to get a number of autographs from some of the other Australian celebrities who walked the red carpet was the fact that most (if not almost all) of those who were there came to see Matt ONLY. So, there wasn't many others who wanted to get autographs from other celebrities.

You've probably noticed some of these celebrities around/on TV/films etc but not remembered who they were.

nowandagain [rockon]