Hospice Auction

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Hospice Auction

Post by TheCollector »

redgalland10 wrote:hi i am a 14 year old boy who is trying to raise money for my local hospice in an auction of signed autographs i have 6 so far would you be able to help please.
Hi redgalland10, {up}

Thank you for your message! Firstly, well done on your current success in collecting your first 6 autographs!

I hope you will find the information on the Charity forum will be helpful to you in your auction. I would be only too happy to help you with advice!

Click this link to view the Charity Forum: http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewforum.php?f=122

What is it you want help/advice with? Please give me an idea and I will get back to you!

Cheers {thumb2} [uk]
Ian

Post by Guest »

with like very big celebritys what shall i say in the letter i send.
TheCollector

What do I write?

Post by TheCollector »

Anonymous wrote:with like very big celebritys what shall i say in the letter i send.

Hi Redgalland10, {up}

What I would suggest first is to get together a list of the celebrities you want to contact first. That way you will be able to ensure you mail all your "favourites" first!

Then write your letter. I personally type all my letters on a word processor because for me it is much neater and much quicker!

Try to keep your letter brief but factual. Explain who you are collecting for, and what you expect to be able to do with the proceeds of your auction. Write a little bit about yourself if you like, but try to keep your letter to around 10-15 lines and a maximum of 1 page.

Finally don't be afraid to ask for what you want. If you are only collecting signed photos, then ask for signed photos. In my collection I ask for signed memorabilia or photos, which leaves the scope open a bit for other things like t-shirts, dvds, books etc.

Make sure you explain it is for an auction and then the celeb will not personalise the autograph to you, (otherwise you will have problems selling it!).

I hope this info has been helpful to you, but if you have any other questions, please ask!!!!! And don't forget to let us know how you get on!

Cheers {thumb2}[uk]
Ian
redgalland10
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Hospice Auction

Post by redgalland10 »

Can I ask could you don8 any autographs or can i buy some sorry i am only 14 so have no cheque book.
TheCollector

Re: Hospice Auction

Post by TheCollector »

redgalland10 wrote:Can I ask could you don8 any autographs or can i buy some sorry i am only 14 so have no cheque book.
Hi redgalland10 {up}

I'm sorry, but I can't really donate any of my collection to you as I am collecting for charity myself!

Why don't you have a look on the feedback section of the site and try to contact a few celebs for yourself? http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewforum ... 0d9d4ece8b

It's not difficult, and some celebs will even send you signed pictures if you email them.

One of the most popular ones at the moment seems to be Judge Judy, and you can contact her via her website HERE: http://www.judgejudy.com/Forms/tellit.asp just complete your details and ask for an autographed photo.

You can also contact Nick Faldo the golfer at: info@nickfaldo.com
or Roger Federer the tennis pro at: management@rogerfederer.com

Have a go with these and see how you get on. Also, have a look on the feedback section and contact any celebs where a success has been reported by email.

I hope this is helpful!

Ian {up}
TheCollector

redgalland10

Post by TheCollector »

redgalland10 wrote:i have got 3 today through the post

jo joyner
ewan mcgregor
lenny henry

i like them so do i keep them and try for another to raise the money you think
Hi red! {up}

See!!!!!!

You are on your way already! Keep sending them out, and they'll keep coming back!

Well done and best of luck!!!!!
Ian {up} {up} {up}
redgalland10
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

hospice auction

Post by redgalland10 »

hi collector now i have 72 auto mainly from eastenders im on my way now
TheCollector

Re: hospice auction

Post by TheCollector »

redgalland10 wrote:hi collector now i have 72 auto mainly from eastenders im on my way now
{clap} {clap} {clap} {clap} {clap} {clap} {clap}

Great result! Well done {thumb2}

72 in only a few months {up}

Keep up the good work. When do you expect to hold your auction?

Ian :mrgreen:
James

Post by James »

Well Done- hope you raise lots of money