Celebrities That Send...

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Autographboy23

Celebrities That Send...

Post by Autographboy23 »

Hi Is there a list of Celebrities that send secretarial or autopened signatures? I would find the Very Helpful! I was worried about Robin Williams sending secretarial signatures so I e-mailed the director of his official website and asked. They told me that Robin does ALL of the signing himself, he just doesn't handle the mail. So if there are celebrities that you know of that send secretarials or autopens. kindly post them here.

thanks
Nammzi
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Celebrities That Send...

Post by Nammzi »

I don't think that there is a list of AP's or secretarials, but you might be best checking up on that with one of the admins. With autopens you can usually tell by comparing two or more autograhs in the previous feedback recieved - If they look identical then it is likely to be AP's. Secretarials are harder to detect - The most reliable way to detect them is to compare with a recent In Person success, but autographs change so even this cannot be a sure way.
Here comes the world and she is beautifully mysterious

http://scottishspca.fotopic.net/
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Theres a sticky in the Collecting Help forum which lists a few secretarials.

The problem with listing secretarials is that a lot of collectors - mainly the younger ones (no offence) - choose not to believe that their favourite star has sent them a "fake", and then throw all kinds of nonsense reasons why its real, like "hes a nice guy". Of course theres the age old argument - "We can't be 100% sure it is - or isnt - authentic unless we watched the item being signed. This is true, but successes reported when a person is out of the country is proof enough in my opinion.

A secretarial list would - unfortunately - get locked due to members arguing.

A list of autopenned stars' autographs is a great idea. I'll start the thread in a sec, hopefully a Moderaotr will sticky it {thumb2}
think_im_in_love
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by think_im_in_love »

I always wondered if some celebs actually sign a ton of photos and just leave them. Which is why sometimes you may get an autograph back, but not your picture. (not for all of them, but some) Is that possible?
RuleroftheWorld

think_im_in_love wrote:I always wondered if some celebs actually sign a ton of photos and just leave them. Which is why sometimes you may get an autograph back, but not your picture. (not for all of them, but some) Is that possible?
Yes, quite a few do that.
heartgorgeousliz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by heartgorgeousliz »

Do yall think Tim Allen does that? I know he has StudioFanMail, so I would think he sent out all PP pictures, but I recieved one today that looks authentic!
Autographboy23

Post by Autographboy23 »

Tim Allen usually signs authentically if you send him something to sign. If not he usually sends out a 5X7 SFM PP.
heartgorgeousliz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by heartgorgeousliz »

Thats weird I recieved A tim Allen picture in the mail today. It was one of the pictures you recieve in SFM, but on the SFM one it looks like T. Allen but on mine it looks like Tim A.. It looks very similar to the ones on some people's "Wild Hogs" posters.
Autographboy23

Post by Autographboy23 »

Is it in silver sharpie? 5X7?
RuleroftheWorld

heartgorgeousliz wrote:Thats weird I recieved A tim Allen picture in the mail today. It was one of the pictures you recieve in SFM, but on the SFM one it looks like T. Allen but on mine it looks like Tim A.. It looks very similar to the ones on some people's "Wild Hogs" posters.
If its an SFM pic, its autopen or preprint.