IRC and Stamp Question

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
xSwcWentx3
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

IRC and Stamp Question

Post by xSwcWentx3 »

I'm trying to get an autographed picture of Jackie Chan for my mother's birthday but I have no idea how many Stamps or IRC's to use.

I'll probably send a 4x6 and a 8x10 picture along with a piece of cardboard and a SASE, but i don't know how many IRC to send with the SASE and how many stamps i should use.

1) How many stamps (I only have the regular First Class Stamps) do i use to send it from the US [MA] to Hong Kong, China?
2) Do I need to put stamps on the SASE?
3) How many IRC do I send with it?

Help would be much apreciated, and this is my first autograph request so I'm kinda lost. :?

By the way: I'm thinking of using a 9x12.
nowandagain

Re: IRC and Stamp Question

Post by nowandagain »

Hi xSwcWentx3 :D

Welcome to the forum! To answer your questions:
xSwcWentx3 wrote:1) How many stamps (I only have the regular First Class Stamps) do i use to send it from the US [MA] to Hong Kong, China?
A 1 oz large letter (such as a 9x12 envelope) sent to Hong Kong costs $1.07. As you're sending a request with photos, cardboard, SAE and IRC's it will definitely weigh more than this (probably 2 oz at $1.80). You should probably get it weighed to be sure (even if you use kitchen scales or just take it to the post office).

You can check out the postage calculator on the USPS website: http://ircalc.usps.gov/
xSwcWentx3 wrote:2) Do I need to put stamps on the SASE?
As you're sending your request to Hong Kong, China - unless you have stamps from that country you will not need to put stamps on your SASE. Just send a SAE and IRC's instead.
xSwcWentx3 wrote:3) How many IRC do I send with it?
2 to 3 IRC's should cover your 9x12 envelope.

Hope that helps!

nowandagain [rockon]
xSwcWentx3
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by xSwcWentx3 »

Thanks!
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

You're welcome xSwcWentx3 :D