Autograph Victims

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
mcgonagall

Autograph Victims

Post by mcgonagall »

Has a celebrity ever ignored only your letter or request? Meaning have you ever found out that a certain celebrity is always replying to his/her fans' letters however, has not replied to yours?

I personally have had this happening to me. I was writing (now I realise unwisely) to Ronnie Corbett for the past year and a half and I had also sent him a certain number of SASEs. However, I did not receive a reply from him. This is rather disappointing as many others have received a great personally signed photograph!!! I'm not even expecting one from him now and I have, therefore, stopped writing to him.
McGonagall is the best!

megadroog
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Autograph Victims

Post by megadroog »

Yes, Jay Leno. I wrote him twice and still nothing.. I'll try one more time and then I'm done
glucklich

Post by glucklich »

Yes!!! Keira Knightley. I've written her 4 or 5 times in the past year and a half, and I have never gotten anything back from her. Not even the black and white photo with the letter. Nothing. So I wrote her recently, and if I don't get anything I guess I'll just wait to meet her in person or something. And Mandy Musgrave. I've written her twice and nothing still. It's depressing lol.
Authentic: 87 ||| PP/AP: 58 |||Authenticity Unknown: 4 ||||| Total: 149
cowboys
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cowboys »

I've had quite a few I've written to, that I've seen previous successes for, that I've never got back anything from.

Rachel Weisz
Anna Kournikova
Kristin Kreuk
Leelee Sobieski
Bilie Piper
Eva Habermann

I'm not that upset - as I sent Internation Reply Coupons with the SAEs, not stamps. I've found that some celebs who I never got a reply to when using IRCs, have replied when I re-sent a request using an SASE!

A couple that I have tried using SASEs and IRCs and got no response to, where others have though, are:

Nathan Fillion
Adam Baldwin
Julie Benz

Which REALLY hurts because I am a massive fan of all things Joss Whedon, and would love to have Nathan and Adam's autographs especially, as I worship Firefly/Serenity.
LEOx3_LOVE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LEOx3_LOVE »

The celebrities don't mean to do this, your letter could have gotten lost in the mail or it could have gotten tossed in the bottom of a pile of letters. I sent Dakota Fanning a letter on January 25th of this year and still have not recieved a response while some people have gotten a success within a month.. so mine must have gotten lost or something, but don't worry celebrities don't purposely ignore you ;-)
Friends Fanatic :D
Credit: Vanessa Hudgens #1 Fan

Latest Success: Gena Rowlands
Most Wanted: Friends Cast & Titanic Cast<3
mcgonagall

Post by mcgonagall »

Lucas - we're all in the same boat!! By the way is that a jam hand print or something a bit more sinister?!
McGonagall is the best!

macaoidh

Post by macaoidh »

John Fogerty, I sent him about 5-7 requests in the last 5 years and have never received a reply. I tried is agency and via venue and nothing, i have since stopped and convinced myself that there is no use in trying
ellefanning103
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ellefanning103 »

I know this topic is old, but ....

My friend Esmee, she lives in The Netherlands, and she has wrote to Dakota Fanning about 10 times, and only got 2 replies. And another girl in The Netherlands has got a reply every time she wrote to Dakota.

Latest Success: Dakota & Elle Fanning
Latest Request: Jennie Garth
Personalized Autographs: 56
Letters: 11
Pre-Prints: 6
Un-personalized: 14
tony67
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tony67 »

It is not about you personally, sometimes it takes a while for celebs to sign. It all depends on where your letter ends up. It is not like the person sees your your letter and says to themselves "Oh no,another letter from ________. Think I'll just ignore that one!" A celebrity may just answer a few letters at a time. I have received letters back and it took the person over two years to sign my items. I had a collector email me once and he was mad as hell saying there was no way I could have got a response from a certain athlete because I received mine in just over a month and he wrote to the player over 6 months before I did. My advice to you is, Get over it, keep your hopes up, and don't expect to get an instant response. One day you may have a nice surprise in your mailbox. In the meantime try other stars and don't get too hung up on one or two non-responses.
Please visit my autograph blog
http://tonyssignatures.blogspot.com/
Chris102

Post by Chris102 »

I thought I was the only one! :shock:

This happens to me a lot! Some times, I wonder if they get lost in the mail.

The two classic examples I have are Jason Alexander and Michael Richards.

I had sent a request to Jason Alexander in 2004 at the Listen Up address - collectors who sent requests to the SAME address in 2005 got responses! :roll: