Taking care of your autographs.

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Autographboy23

Taking care of your autographs.

Post by Autographboy23 »

How do you keep care of yours? I keep all 109 of mine in seperate protective sheets in a portable file bag. Is this a good method? I want to keep them in good condition for a long time! And when you print pictures off the computer on photo paper for the celebrity to sign, do the photos last as long as professionally printed photos? Because if mine get wet they smear.

Hope you can help me out!

Thanks!
Chrissy

Re: Taking care of your autographs.

Post by Chrissy »

Hey there!!

I recently switched from photo protectors to a binder with acid free inserts for pictures! I got this at a local asian store here in Toronto. I think the way you have done it is fine!! As long as the sheets are acid free and are not collecting dust or sun i see no reason for the autograph to get discoloured or faded.

As for printing out pictures. I do that sometimes and they don't last as long as they are more prone to getting damaged by dust, sun and water. Getting them professionally done is always the best way to go since the gloss on the photo is meant to keep water, off without damaging the picture. But i think as long as the autographs are safe i see no reason to worry about which method you choose!!

I hope this helps!

Chrissy :D
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!
RuleroftheWorld

Re: Taking care of your autographs.

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Heres a thread on preserving autographs -> http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 17&t=39769

As for how to store them, there must be a dozen threads on it

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:10 am.