New to this - just a few questions

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
ejay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

New to this - just a few questions

Post by ejay »

Hi. I'm new to requesting autographs. Please could somebody help me with some questions.

1) (In England) how much do IRC's cost and where can you get them?

2) If sending a request to the USA, from England, how many IRC's should I enclose?

3) Do I need to enclose a pen if I'm requesting an autograph?

4) How should you address the celebrity (e.g Dear Mr Bloom or To Orlando Bloom, etc)?

Thanks for any help you can provide :D
litoeggnut
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by litoeggnut »

well i live in the US. so im not sure how much IRCs cost. but i dink you can get them at the post office. and for your third question. i don't think it is necessary for you to enclose a pen, im sure they got pens. but if you like to, u can send one
allhahaheehee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by allhahaheehee »

IRC's cost about 60p i sometimes send 2 IRC's but when i sent to ice-t i put 2 but he sent one back
Debs eleven
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Debs eleven »

Yes, IRC's cost 60p each from the Post Office. I only enclose 1, but you could enclose 2 if you wanted to. (As the cheapest letter to America costs 47p, I reckon 60p to return it to you should be enough).

Dont bother sending a pen - too expensive to post!

I always address them as Mr Orlando Bloom in the first line of the address, then start the letter off with Dear Mr Bloom. After all, its only polite as you dont actually know them.

Good luck!
ejay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ejay »

Thanks for your help,

better start writing!
barmy_army008

Post by barmy_army008 »

I've usually just included one IRC, and i've had success with about half of them. Its my theory that if you've made the effort to include some kind of payment for postage and its not enough, then hopefully they'll top it up for you to the correct amount. After all £1.20 or £1.80 for the IRC and then at least 60p (I think) to get a letter there is pretty expensive.

The stamps on the ones i've had back have only been for 80 cents, which equals about 45p so its not a lot compared to how much has been spent to get it over there in the first place.
Dubsbball14
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dubsbball14 »

ya all celebs have pens