Happy with a PP ?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Marcia_cross_fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Happy with a PP ?

Post by Marcia_cross_fan »

If you write to a celeb and then get a PP or AP back, are you still happy with it ? I am most of the time because even if it's no authentic I know they like thought of me. So what about you, are you happy with a PP/AP ??
Kiss-Babe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Kiss-Babe »

I think it's better than nothing, but I'm not very happy, because it's the same like you would print it form the internet at home...
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

I wouldnt say I am happy. I mean its better than receiving nothing at all, but i'd much rather get an authentic. And it doesnt necessarily mean that the celeb thought of you, studiofanmail, celeb merch, or their secretary, could have sent the preprint. I dont put preprints in my autograph book, I just put them all into an envelope. & its kind of a waste of stamps, so if I see that someone received a preprint back, I either do not send to that star, or send a picture with my request.
eug
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by eug »

i'm still happy with a PP
i put all my autographs up with posters/flyers/photos on my bedroom walls so yeah.....they look great on the walls even if they are PP's

eug 8)

ps. of course i'd prefer authentics, but i still love to get something from the celebrity
autographs pending: Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Helena Bonham Carter

latest success: Cate Blanchett
damien666
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by damien666 »

a big no
but at least pp are easy to spot
i'm insulted by autopens and rubber stamps
loveryan

:)

Post by loveryan »

Yes!!
We are very happy!!!
At least, we received something :D
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

Well, If I receive a Pre-print or Autopen, I'm happy that I received something. A pre-print or Autopen is better than receiving nothing at all.
courtney

Post by courtney »

When i open the envelope and i see a PP or autopen, i get a little sad/not pleased.... but atleast they didn't blow off my letter, they still sent something...!

Courtney
Thanks hangman!

KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR MORE INFO ABOUT MY CHARITY AUCTION TO SUPPORT THE CHANGE FOR THE CHILDREN FOUNDATION! AUCTION IS IN EARLY 2009.
http://www.myspace.com/courtneycharityautographs

REQUEST ME AS A FRIEND!
Sprock Chick
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sprock Chick »

I'm not so happy...I'd rather receive an authentic one!
Lucrezia loves autographs!
MorpheusDreamweaver
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MorpheusDreamweaver »

I don't really like pre-prints -- I won't waste my time writing to anyone that is known to send them.

On the other hand, for celebs that are too busy to keep up with their mail by personally signing autographs, I think they are a better option than secretarial signatures, autopens, stamps, or just ignoring their fans entirely.

They opted to send something, and there's little possibility of mistaking it for something it's not. Some of the pre-prints I've seen are at least nice photos.