For those who print their own photos

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Bizzy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

For those who print their own photos

Post by Bizzy »

Hola everybody. I've got a quick question for those of you who print your own photos.

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 825 printer and I've considered printing my own photos to send out for autographs. The reason I haven't done it yet is because I've been concerned about the ink and whether it would come off or smudge when it's signed or not. With the high cost of good quality photo paper and ink I figured maybe it would best to ask those of you who have had experience with this prior to investing the money into the project. Tips are appreciated. {up}

Thanks in advance!
~ Beth
Marj188
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Marj188 »

Oh wow good question....I never thought about that! Hold on let me test it...*testing photo paper by writing on it with a sharpie*...NOPE doesn't smear anything! I even tried rubbing it and all! It's good! {up}
Autographs so far: 7
Bizzy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bizzy »

Thanks much for the reply. I'll give it a try to see how it goes, I've got tons of photos I'd like to send out. :D
~ Beth
gregg
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gregg »

Arrrgh!

Ive been going along printing photos (Today) and the quality seems to suck! (Using matte paper I happened to have, to prevent smear). I even sent a few out just cause I thought it was the best I could get.

I find a single piece of Epson photo paper and *Viola* pristine clear photo!

Geeze, all that wasted time and ink... Guess I'll have to make a trip to Staples to pick up some better paper! :cry:

Where do you find your photos to print 8X10s?
Bizzy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bizzy »

I have some incredible software that allows me to snag some super clear still images from my DVD movies. The image below is an example. It was sized down by Photobucket (no images over 250kb there), but the original is of much higher quality and looks fabulous. The original is almost 8" tall and 10" wide.

~ Beth
gregg
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gregg »

wow,
Thats cool!
Bizzy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bizzy »

Glad you like. If you, or anyone else for that matter, wants a hi-resolution image made up from a capture just let me know. I'll be glad to help if I can.
~ Beth