Bands Via Venue

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
asparks
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Bands Via Venue

Post by asparks »

I was just wonderin. In order to try like a band/singer via venue then do you pretty much look at their schedule and see where they are tourin to then write to them like a week before they show up at that venue? Or is this via venue meanin people you met at their concerts? Or both?
Last Success[es]:
? Kellie Pickler
Hoping To Be Successful With:
? Jana Kramer [7/7/12]
Volante

Post by Volante »

I moved this to collecting help :)

Via Venue means that you send to a concert venue or a filming address, to a place where the celebrity is temporary.

The other alternative you're bringing up is In Person, when you meet the celebrity in real life, so to say.

To send Via Venue is a good thing to try, as many celebrities reply then who don't usually reply normally :)

You can find a lot of Via Venue addresses and Filming addresses in the different forum sections, and if there's a special address you're looking for you could post a request in the "Reqeust a Via Venue address" forum!

Johan 8)
click banner to check out my autographs :)
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

Hey asparks,

perhaps this thread can explain to you what via venue means-

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?t=22007

Basically, via venue, is writing to a celebrity at a concert, play, or any other even they make be doing for a period of time.

Yes, you find a tour date and a venue you would like to write to, I recommend emailing the venue first to see if they will pass on your mail. Or take a look at this thread to see what venues do and dont pass on fanmail http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?t=24711

Once you have found a venue, write a letter and include something to sign, and a SASE. Put both of these things in a bigger envelope and send them out a few days before the concert. Including a picture or something to sign will increase your chance of getting a success, because often celebs do not have headshots with them while theyre on tour. But make sure the package gets there in time. You can write on the envelope ("please save until date of performance").

Goodluck with your via venue requests, and any other autograph requests {up} :)
Danny

Post by Danny »

We should add that not all concert venues will forward the mail to the artists.
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

We do have a list of known venues that do or do not pass on mail: http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?t=24711

If you're writing to bands/artists that are touring, via venue definitely sounds like what you mentioned {up}:
asparks wrote:In order to try like a band/singer via venue then do you pretty much look at their schedule and see where they are tourin to then write to them like a week before they show up at that venue?
nowandagain [rockon]
asparks
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by asparks »

thank you all...theres definately some artists i would like to try. the via venue list is very helpful. THANKS!
Last Success[es]:
? Kellie Pickler
? Jana Kramer [7/7/12]
son of thunder
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by son of thunder »

I see you have Pink on your message body. She is real good about sending via venue. I sent one two weeks ago to her and just recieved mine back.
asparks
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by asparks »

son of thunder wrote:I see you have Pink on your message body. She is real good about sending via venue. I sent one two weeks ago to her and just recieved mine back.
Yes, She is my favorite artist. I saw her in concert 3/15 in Cincinnati, OH and she was so great. I only wish I had the chance to see a concert of just her instead of her opening up. I will definately need to try her. Thank you! :mrgreen:
Last Success[es]:
? Kellie Pickler
? Jana Kramer [7/7/12]
BABii_ANG3L
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BABii_ANG3L »

i would send it like 2 weeks prior because sometimes the post office is just
c.r.a.p.p.y.
i CAN LUV U 4EVER BUT NEVER WiLL i BE iN LOVE WiTH U 'TiL U LUV ME

asparks
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by asparks »

BABii_ANG3L wrote:i would send it like 2 weeks prior because sometimes the post office is just
c.r.a.p.p.y.
lol yea, sometimes they are :oops: lol. thank you :D
Last Success[es]:
? Kellie Pickler
? Jana Kramer [7/7/12]