Cardboard

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
VaNeSsA hUdGeNs #1 fAn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Cardboard

Post by VaNeSsA hUdGeNs #1 fAn »

Do you always have to include cardboard when you send a photo? I don't include cardboard, I just write "Do Not Bend" on the envelopes.

&&; set made by me. NO stealies.

Check out my graphics shop! CURRENTLY OPEN!
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

No, you don't have to include cardboard. I never have.

F.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Don't need too..I do it sometimes depending who I'm sending a request too. At least I know the post Office or the mailman won't bend it. Because they do it sometimes. Just make sure you write on the envelope Not to bend and that there's a picture inside.
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

Hi VaNeSsA hUdGeNs #1 fAn,

Including cardboard in your envelopes is optional but some people use it to prevent the autographs from bent by the people handling the envelopes.

I don't use cardboard in my envelops, I write Do Not Bend on my envelopes.

Some celebrities use cardboard to prevent the autographs from bending, I've had a few envelopes come TTM in which the celebrity used cardboard to prevent the autograph from being bent.
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

I think it also depends on the size of the photos. My photos are not that big so they never get bent.

Fatima xxx
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi VaNeSsA hUdGeNs #1 fAn :D

Sending cardboard is optional - it will help keep your photos from getting bent. I don't send cardboard with my photos, mainly because I send smaller photos.

I would recommend sending cardboard if you send larger photos, but if not make sure to write something like "Please do not bend" on your envelopes. Just whatever you do, don't be upset if there are some sort of creases in your photos though :|

nowandagain [rockon]
stebbins061
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stebbins061 »

I don't because it makes the package heavier and that means more postage. It's a good idea if you want to splurge a little. I have received a autograph back before bent.
Most Recent: Troian Bellisario (received 2/17)
Most Wanted:Paul Walker, Vampire Diaries Cast, Hellcats Cast, Nikita Cast, Supernatural Cast, Pretty Little Liars Cast.
Favorites:John Cena, Scout Taylor Compton, The Devil's Rejects, Wentworth Miller, OTH cast, and Miley Cyrus.
Recently Sent: Lucy Hale VV (Received 3/31)
In Person Success:
John Cena, Sheri Moon Zombie, Scout Taylor Compton x2, The Boondock Saints Brothers, Corbin Bernsen, Elise and Electra Avellan, Bill Moseley, Sid Haig, Elvira, George Romero, Ken Foree.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I've heard stories that even if you do write do not bend on it .They'll still bend it. With big pictures I always include a cardboard. It doesn't really make it heavier. Just don't use a thick cardboard.
fbb819
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by fbb819 »

I tend to include cardboard when I am sending the pics. It doesnt increase the postage rate so I figure I might as well. But it is optional. Sometimes when I send pics and the cardboard the star will send the pics back signed but not include the card board back. I don't quite get that, but just so you know just because you send it doesn't mean it will get used. Best of luck collecting!
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

I never use to but when I wrote to someone and included a photo and after I received it completely bent, I was extremely annoyed. So I do now, but it increases postage for me because the cardboard I use is quite thick :roll: