Just a couple questions...

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
xf_katewalshfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Just a couple questions...

Post by xf_katewalshfan »

Hi! :D

This last summer, I sent in for an autographed photo from the cast of Grey's Anatomy. Just about a month later, I recieved the photo, signed by everybody but my favorite actress, Kate Walsh.
I decided I wanted one just from her, so on (I think it was) August 21, I sent one to the Grey's Anatomy studio for her, along with one for the cast again so I could give it to my friend...
But, I forgot to put stamps on the SAE, so I had to open both envelopes after I sealed them. I stamped the SAE's, put them back in, but the outside envelopes had lost their stickiness. I took out some packing tape and taped them shut- no problem, right?

I haven't recieved any replies from either Kate Walsh or the cast... Would it have mattered that I had already gotten a cast photo, or that I had to tape the envelopes closed?

Thanks {??}

Edit: Can I send in a magazine to be signed?
Edit #2: What's the maximum time I should wait before I send for another one?
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

Hey xf_katewalshfan, welcome to the forum!

Nope, I have taped envelopes before and had them taped coming back to me, it does not matter. And with all the fanmail that they must get, I doubt they know they already sent you a photo.

Code: Select all

Edit: Can I send in a magazine to be signed? 
yes you can send in a magazine to be signed, just make sure you are prepared to lose it. When sending things out to be signed, there is no guarantee that you will receive it back. The celeb may keep it, or it may get lost in the mail.

Code: Select all

Edit #2: What's the maximum time I should wait before I send for another one?
A few weeks is probably good enough time for major celebrities /tv shows.

Well goodluck, hope I answered all your questions! :wink:
loveryan

:D

Post by loveryan »

I wrote to Kate a year ago and I didn´t receive nothing.
I wrote her via Grey´s anatomy and via venue and I didn´t receive nothing :(
Danny

Post by Danny »

I would wait awhile before sending to the same celeb again.. Some celebs or agents do keep track on who they sent a request too.
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

Danny wrote:I would wait awhile before sending to the same celeb again.. Some celebs or agents do keep track on who they sent a request too.
Good point. I have read reports where certain celebrities keep track of who sent an autograph request. For example, George Foreman keeps a list of everyone who writes to him for an autograph request, he keeps the name & address of people who write to him for an autograph. He does this to different if a request comes from a genuine fan or from a dealer who only wants more autographs to put up for sale.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I don't blame the celebreties who keep track
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

Danny wrote:I don't blame the celebreties who keep track
yeah me either, more should keep track. It would be easier on them and us :wink:
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

Danny wrote:I don't blame the celebreties who keep track
And neither do I. In fact, keeping track is a good idea to stop the autograph sellers who only want to contact celebrities to get an autograph only because they want to sell the autograph on EBAY, et al.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I usually wait a year to write for another request. As I stated on another post I only write to celeb and athletes I like. I find there's no point of wasting money on celebrities who I don't like.
xf_katewalshfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by xf_katewalshfan »

Thanks to everyone who replied! :D

I think I might wait until next summer, and try for Kate again- I'm totally in love with her! :oops:
I hope I can get a reply!

Thanks again,

Haley