Hand written or computer written?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Blodsten
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Hand written or computer written?

Post by Blodsten »

When you write to the celebrities, do you write the letters by hand or do you write them on the computer?
I'm new to autograph collecting, I haven't sent out a single letter yet. I want to learn how it's done first.
IP Successes: Billy Boyd, Verne Troyer, Felicia Day, Kai Owen, William Shatner, Dick Eriksson (swedish voice actor), Sylvester McCoy, David Wenham.
To see my collection, visit HematiteAutographs on Instagram.
collectorzone
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by collectorzone »

ey

i am writing all my letters i send to celeberties on my computer because my handwriting sucks ,so i write them on my pc so they can read my letter.
Blodsten
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blodsten »

But if you did have a decent writing, what would you do then?
I'm not sure what to do...
IP Successes: Billy Boyd, Verne Troyer, Felicia Day, Kai Owen, William Shatner, Dick Eriksson (swedish voice actor), Sylvester McCoy, David Wenham.
Dallas
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dallas »

If its a celebrity that I like absolutely love, I will write them a nice handwritten letter because my handwriting is very nice but I mostly type mine because Im really busy.
Blodsten
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blodsten »

My handwriting is... well, not the best but it's pretty nice when I put my heart into it. I guess I'll do like you Dallas. Some of my favorites will recive hand written letters.
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

Hi Blodsten,

All of my letters to celebrities are computer written. My handwriting is ok but it's not the best & also, my hand hurts when I write letters so I write up the letters on my computer & I print them up. I do sign my name on the letter.

To me, it doesn't matter if a letter is handwritten or typed, what matters is how you write the letter. Even though my letters are typed on a computer, my letters to celebrities are very personal because I am a fan of their work & I mention it in my letter because these celebrities who I write to have given me hrs upon hrs of entertainment.
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

Hi Blodsten,

I think you can either type or handwrite your fanletters. But in my opinion handwritten letters are so much more personal than typed letters! A handwritten letters signals that you have spent some time on making it look good and perhaps even decorate it a bit.
I'd suggest that if your handwriting is okay and you have the time to do so you should definetely handrwrite your letters! That's what I do :D

We all know the value of handwritten things on here :D What is more precious to you - a handwritten letter from your fave celeb or a typed one ;)

Fatima Image

PS. Does you name mean blood stone? It does in Danish :D
Blodsten
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blodsten »

FatimaDenmark wrote:Hi Blodsten,

I think you can either type or handwrite your fanletters. But in my opinion handwritten letters are so much more personal than typed letters! A handwritten letters signals that you have spent some time on making it look good and perhaps even decorate it a bit.
I'd suggest that if your handwriting is okay and you have the time to do so you should definetely handrwrite your letters! That's what I do :D

We all know the value of handwritten things on here :D What is more precious to you - a handwritten letter from your fave celeb or a typed one ;)

Fatima Image

PS. Does you name mean blood stone? It does in Danish :D
Yeah, I think I have the time to write them by hand. I'm not that bad at drawing either so I guess I could decorate them a bit.

P.S. Yes, it means blood stone. It's a kind of mineral that I think is very nice in jewelry. Danish and swedish isn't that differrent.
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

Blodsten wrote:
Yeah, I think I have the time to write them by hand. I'm not that bad at drawing either so I guess I could decorate them a bit.

P.S. Yes, it means blood stone. It's a kind of mineral that I think is very nice in jewelry. Danish and swedish isn't that differrent.
Yes, you're right!

I wish you good luck with your letters! :D

Fatima Image
Blodsten
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blodsten »

Hey Fatima! You were in Göteborg in march this year on the convention? I was there too. I couldn't afford the autographs though, they were expensive!