John Glenn - No Longer Signing

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!

Moderator: admin

Markd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

John Glenn - No Longer Signing

Post by Markd »

Wrote to former US Senator and astronaut John Glenn last month. Unfortunately yesterday I received my photo back unsigned and a notice from his office stating that he is no longer signing autographs. This is disappointing, but understandable as he is now in his mid 90s and was a fantastic signer for many many years. I actually had got him previously when I was in high school, but had recently found a cool photo that I wanted signed, but oh well, at least I do have him in my collection.

Visit my Autograph blog to see my successes!

markdautographs.blogspot.ca
admin
Site Admin
Interests:

Re: John Glenn - No Longer Signing

Post by admin »

Hi Markd :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

John Glenn
John Glenn School of Public Affairs
The Ohio State University
300 Page Hall
1810 College Road
Columbus, OH 43210
USA

{star} John Glenn on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by northwellguy »

Yeah sure he can't sign autographs anymore but he can still get on an plane, travel 2000 miles, and have a cameo appearance on Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsey???
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.
DiamondDave
$10 gift certificate winner
Interests:

Post by DiamondDave »

northwellguy wrote:Yeah sure he can't sign autographs anymore but he can still get on an plane, travel 2000 miles, and have a cameo appearance on Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsey???
The man is 95 years old and has likely signed millions of autographs. Attitudes such as what you have put here are indicative of all that is wrong with the hobby. Don't act like a spoiled child.
Trolls be gone!
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by northwellguy »

DiamondDave wrote:
northwellguy wrote:Yeah sure he can't sign autographs anymore but he can still get on an plane, travel 2000 miles, and have a cameo appearance on Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsey???
The man is 95 years old and has likely signed millions of autographs. Attitudes such as what you have put here are indicative of all that is wrong with the hobby. Don't act like a spoiled child.
Go away and crawl back under your rock, little troll.

My attitude is perfectly normal. Sorry but if he can still make TV appearances and travel across the country he can still pick up a pen and sign autographs. And don't think for a minute he doesn't sign autos for VIP's at NASA or anyone else for that matter. Age has nothing to do with it - there are plenty of senior citizens out there who are perfectly capable of doing many things. And don't use the tired or sick argument either - if it was that case then he wouldn't be still making TV appearances.
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.
DiamondDave
Interests:

Post by DiamondDave »

Someone calls you out for your attitude, and you respond with calling them a "troll".

You really are nothing but a spoiled child.

Good luck.
Trolls be gone!
Markd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Markd »

Your attitude really sucks. He's now almost 95 years old and has been one of the most reliable and gracious autograph signers for decades, one of the few prominent astronauts who has never charged for his graph. This policy has only come into being very recently as I saw someone got him back just a few months ago; there could be a number of reasons including health, time, travel etc. The guy was amazing to his fans for years and years and I have no doubt that he has a very valid reason to stop now.

As for you being sure that he's still going to sign for folks at NASA, yeah probably, he'll probably sign for anyone that approaches him in person because he's a really nice guy; he just doesn't have the time or energy to sign hundreds a week anymore.

Also, last question; when was John Glenn on Hell's Kitchen?! I never saw that episode...
Visit my Autograph blog to see my successes!

markdautographs.blogspot.ca
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by northwellguy »

DiamondDave wrote:Someone calls you out for your attitude, and you respond with calling them a "troll".

You really are nothing but a spoiled child.

Good luck.
I found your rock, too.

It's in your Mom's basement - you know, where you live right?
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by northwellguy »

Markd wrote:
Your attitude really ****. He's now almost 95 years old and has been one of the most reliable and gracious autograph signers for decades, one of the few prominent astronauts who has never charged for his graph. This policy has only come into being very recently as I saw someone got him back just a few months ago; there could be a number of reasons including health, time, travel etc. The guy was amazing to his fans for years and years and I have no doubt that he has a very valid reason to stop now.

As for you being sure that he's still going to sign for folks at NASA, yeah probably, he'll probably sign for anyone that approaches him in person because he's a really nice guy; he just doesn't have the time or energy to sign hundreds a week anymore.

Also, last question; when was John Glenn on Hell's Kitchen?! I never saw that episode...
You make good points but I agree to disagree.

It was on the episode that aired 3.2.2016 - Glenn and Buzz Aldrin were dinner guests.
lpm9413
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by lpm9413 »

Not to get to involved in the above argument, but John Glenn was not on the recent episode of Hell's Kitchen, that was Buzz Aldrin. So, please, before commenting have your facts straight. John Glenn is just a tad older than Buzz and probably doesn't get around to much anymore. As for John Glenn signing, he has signed for me in the past and has always been a gracious signer. He deserves a break from the spotlight for a while! Don't ya think?????