Sending an Index Card VS Photo

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
gregg
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Sending an Index Card VS Photo

Post by gregg »

Does sending an index card with SASE have less of a chance of getting an autograph than a photo?
I have been using addresses that everyone has success with (index cards). I wait and wait...
Insatia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Insatia »

i don't have any past experience to forward on to you about this topic but i can tell you that this morning April 23, 2005 I sent out 23 letters to celebrities and they all included an index card and a SAE (self-addressed envelope) and a personal letter from me. I'm already a little concerned about not including postage for the return trip but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will let you know (if you care to).. if i get any good responses this way.
gregg
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gregg »

why no postage?
gregg
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gregg »

I sent out like 200 last month, got a few autos, not much yet!

Post by Guest »

honestly i dont make that much money. i figure if i dont get one back it was only 37 cents and a index card lost.. if i don't get a good turn out i'll add the return postage for a second round. call it a trial if you will :)

i'm new back into the world of autograph collecting. i use to collect when i was a bit younger and i never sent a SASE. only a personal letter.

i have a tip for the index cards however. one you may already know and that is to be sure to put the celebrities last name on the back of the index card or somewhere on your return envelope so you are able to identify it. i guess at times people havent done this and were unable to identify the signature very easily. i'm sure you are probably already doing that though but just thought i'd bring it up in case.
Insatia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Insatia »

oops. that was me ^ :oops:
gregg
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gregg »

OH,
I know what you mean. I dont usualy put the celebs name on the SASE because I reuse the return ones. Recently I have had a few that I couldnt identify. Maybe Ill start doing that!
Im on the same line as you, I dont make much cash!
Insatia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Insatia »

are you planning on mounting your successes with a nice photo of the celeb? or do you plan on displaying your index cards in some other fashion?

i was planning to mount mine if i got successful with any of them. if i'm not however, i definitely plan to shell out the extra stamps. it would be worth it but had to give it a try this way first. makes me sound cheap but hey..... :wink:
gregg
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gregg »

Hey,
I understand what your saying...
I have been just using 37 cent SASE for a while. I just bought a new photo printer. As soon as i can get everything set up ill start mailing photos. Im frustrated with this Genaric ink i just bought, thinking id save a little!

Post by Guest »

well gregg i got my first response today and it was from Mrs. Rachel McAdams and it was one of her own signed photos. No sign of my SAE or IC. :(

But her autograph is awesom. Just wish I'd gotten the IC too...

hope your collecting is going well.