writing to models...

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
superdave
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

writing to models...

Post by superdave »

Hi, I have never written to models before and my question is....how can i convince models that i am a fan of them and their work without sounding like a complete pervert!?!

sorry if i sound kinda newbie.

thanks

Dave
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi Dave :D

I would suggest maybe putting some of these points in your letter (however way you want):

- Introduce yourself
- Tell them where you've seen their work (e.g. magazine shoot for [insert magazine here])
- Why you've liked their work
- Ask for an autograph
- Thank them for their time
- Wish them all the best

What you probably shouldn't do is go into too much detail about any one particular thing in that they may think you're a stalker, or a crazed fan.

You want the letter to sound sincere, honest and sounding like it's from a true fan of their work.

Good luck!!!

nowandagain [rockon]
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

Hi Dave,

I totally agree with nowandagain. {up}

I've written to several male and female models in the past and happened to be successfull with them.

I'd recommand you contact models when they are still new to the industry since once they get as big as Campbell, Moss, Schenkenberg, etc. you won't get a reply anymore.

What might also be of interest for you is to contact the photographers who did the shooting for a certain model. Some really great photographers are Steven Meisel, Mario Testino, Bettina Rheims, David LaChapelle, Steven Klein, etc.

Best,
Stephan
"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B * * C H, okay." - Madonna

http://www.facebook.com/ViaVenueAutographs
superdave
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superdave »

thank you both! can you recommend some upcoming models?
Aimee OC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Aimee OC »

Hey Dave {thumb2}

I Am A Huge Fan Of All The Upcoming Models, & I Follow The Runway Religiously :lol:

But Anyway I'll Just Name A Few Of My Favourite Models Who I Think May Become Even More Successful In The Future:

*Gemma Ward [In 2005 She Was Known As The "It" Girl In The Fashion/Model Industry, Literally EVERY Designer Wanted Her To Model For Them, She's Appeared On Many Magazine Covers, Especailly For Vogue. I Have Written To Hear A Few Weeks Ago, So Far No Response But I Know Someone Who Got A Success & It Took 2 Months, So Hopefully She'll Sign My Photos. She's My 2nd Favourite Model]

*Lily Donaldson [My FAVOURITE Model, I Love Her, She's Modelled For A Large Number Of Big Designers, Including:

*Alessandro Dell-Acqua
*Versace
*Alexander McQueen
*Anna Sui
*Gucci
*Burberry
*Calvin Klein
*Marc Jacobs
*Chanel
*Yves Saint Laurent
*Chloé
*Zac Posen
*Christian Dior
*Fendi
*Givenchy
*Oscar de la Renta
*Roberto Cavalli
*Stella McCartney
*Valentino

*Jessica Stam [Another Favourite Of Mine, Has Modelled For Alot Of Designers Aswell, Including Dolce & Gabbana and Giorgio Armani.]

*Daria Werbowy

*Heather Marks

*Caroline Trentini

*Sasha Pivovarova

But Obviously You Should Write To The Models You Are Fans Of. I Agree, It Is Really Hard To Write To Models, But I Find It Easiest To Comment On A Few Pieces Of Clothing That I Have Really Liked That They Have Worn On The Runway.

Anyway, Good Luck!

Aimee xXx

Latest Success:
Jared Padalecki & Gisele Bundchen.
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

Dear Aimee,

I'm very much surprised you left out male models. :P

What about

*Mathias

*Danny Beaucham

*Michael Gandolfi

*Harry Shirt

*Jack Priestman

*Mathias Strobl

etc... There are so many more male and female models I can think of that really hit it by looking ab fab!

Best,
Stephan
"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B * * C H, okay." - Madonna

superdave
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superdave »

thank you both!

unfortunately i dont think i'll be writing to any male models because the photo's they send out will probably not be in many clothes.

Thank you both though and have a rep. point for your trouble :D
Aimee OC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Aimee OC »

Glad I Could Help Dave :wink:

R.S.V.P - I Knew Dave Was A Man & Therefore Assumed That He Wouldn't Want To Write To Any Male Models, But My 2 Favourite Male Models Are Tyson Beckford & Jason Lewis. But I Also Like Michael Braeger from the Giorgio Armani ads, Andrew Cooper from the Armani Jeans adverts & Louis Prades for Calvin Klein.

Aimee xXx

Latest Success:
Jared Padalecki & Gisele Bundchen.
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

Hi Aimee,

Jason Lewis is one cool dude! I started collecting those famous ABSOLUT VODKA ads a few years ago and Jason did a hilarious, quite suggestive shooting for them.

It's cool to have actually found someone who's also into the fashion biz and its models (male & female).

Best,
Stephan

TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

superdave wrote:thank you both!

unfortunately i dont think i'll be writing to any male models because the photo's they send out will probably not be in many clothes.
I agree. I think its disgusting and quite perverted to have male models doing that sort of thing :|