asking for non-personalized autographs

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
likesautographs211
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

asking for non-personalized autographs

Post by likesautographs211 »

In a lot of cases, people will personalize when i dont want them to, so i can trade/sell the autograph later. Would it be rude to ask them not to personalize?
loveryan

:)

Post by loveryan »

It wouldn´t be rude :).
Jennifer Connelly doesn´t personalized.
purpleyes
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by purpleyes »

^
well there are some who do not personalize at all due to overwhelming autograph requests. But most celebritites are able to personalize.

I dont know about you guys but i think it's kinda rude if you specifically tell a celebrity not to personalize; because it then shows that you're not a a big fan of theirs and that you're just asking for their autograph so you can "trade" for a better one (or sell it). I think celebrities have the idea about your plans for not wanting them to personalize it for you, and might have uncertainty about their "fan" and sending you an autograph photo at all.
likesautographs211
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

yeah thats what i thought...
any other opinions
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

As you all know, I collect for charity, so I cannot have any of my photos personalised :wink: On the whole celebs realise this and do not write the auto to anybody.

In fact out of about 800 I have only had about 5 personalised to me (and that is usually when they haven't read my letter properly!)

Unfortunately, most celebs will personalise automatically as it is their insurance that the autograph will not be resold :wink: I don't think it will make much difference if you ask for it not be personalised . . . . except perhaps they won't send you anything at all :D as they will know almost definately that you want to sell it and make a bit off cash off the back of them :lol:

In my opinion you just have to be happy with what you get, (or scribble you name on your letter so they can't read it, and so can't personalise the auto :wink: ) . . . I didn't say that by the way :wink:

Good luck though!

Ian :mrgreen:
Volante

Post by Volante »

Personalized are always better in my opinon! ;)

Why would you want to sell autographs you've got TTM? Didn't you write to these persons while you're a fan and want the autographs yourself? Selling autographs in this way is just... something I dislike :P
click banner to check out my autographs :)
likesautographs211
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

i dont know, when I am older i may want to sell them
Volante

Post by Volante »

likesautographs211 wrote:i dont know, when I am older i may want to sell them
I see :) Well I was just curious!
click banner to check out my autographs :)
ChemicalsXreacT
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ChemicalsXreacT »

Ya, its rude
How did we get here? I used to know you so well
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

likesautographs211 wrote:i dont know, when I am older i may want to sell them
Thats what I sometimes think but when you write to the celebrity, they are going to realise and think its weird if you do not want it personalized. They will just think its going on eBay :lol: Most fans would be overwhelmed to have it personalized :wink: